My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the RRO 1 3/4 lift. If anyone is going to do this I have good advice, let me know. Summary: Front sway bar links have a recall. You have got to trim part of rear skid plate on trailhawk. Other good advice available.

Roof bars and rack ordered today from Amazon.

Picture of lifted jeep attached.

'Merica,
-George

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Looks like more than 1 & 3/4" but maybe thats cuz the trailhawks are slightly taller to start with? Seems like maybe they have slightly longer struts or something.

Nice work!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed the RRO 1 3/4 lift. If anyone is going to do this I have good advice, let me know. Summary: Front sway bar links have a recall. You have got to trim part of rear skid plate on trailhawk. Other good advice available.

Roof bars and rack ordered today from Amazon.

Picture of lifted jeep attached.

'Merica,
-George
Nice! Stock tire size, I assume?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. For now. Roof bars, rack, spacers, exhaust, then tires. Though not super expensive, I dont want to remove brand new tires. The current tires have 3k miles on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep. For now. Roof bars, rack, spacers, exhaust, then tires. Though not super expensive, I dont want to remove brand new tires. The current tires have 3k miles on them.
I shall forgive you for living in tucson (#forksup) but only because you has the same compass as I do. What tires* do you plan on going to? and how hard was the install on your lift?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the lift wasnt that bad. Do yourself a favor and spend 25$ and get a set of reverse torx sockets from Amazon and a 18mm ratcheting box head wrench. You'll be glad you did.

It helps to have another person for a couple things.... but you could probably do it solo with another jack.

I lost 3 hours because of bad parts. RRO has a recall on the front sway bar arms. I didn't know this and had to cut and weld mine shorter. That means install, reinstall tires, identify problem, take off tires, remove and modify li ks, reinstall, remount tires, and then test drive. This sucked.

If there wasnt this problem the total I stall would have been about 4.5 hours. I would not recommend RRO as a result of this.

There is a good video here:

https://youtu.be/zP7IKLcb7fE

It's the teraflex lift. Pretty much same.

Also, if you have a trailhawk, you will need a wheel grinder to trim some off the rear skid plate as the RRO kit doesnt have the skid lowering blocks.

Honestly, if you got a different kit, assuming they are better, it isn't a bad install.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shall forgive you for living in tucson (#forksup) but only because you has the same compass as I do. What tires* do you plan on going to? and how hard was the install on your lift?

I dont hate ASU. Army brought me here, I'm a Florida State guy... I like ASU football coach. Herm Edward's I believe... good dude it seems.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like my old Apex roof rack I had on my patriot, I think mine is too big for the compass so I'm selling it and picking up the Mopar roof rack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like my old Apex roof rack I had on my patriot, I think mine is too big for the compass so I'm selling it and picking up the Mopar roof rack

I really like the Mopar rack, but didn't want to pay for it. I have to give Mr. Mopar some serious coin soon for trailer hitch and bumper plastic...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does your trailhawk have a sunroof?

·
Registered
83 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts