My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! It's winter here in Quebec so it's pretty much too cold to do anything on the Jeep. But, I have a little project in progress.

I have found a great roof rack at a pretty good price. The brand is Rola and it comes with a wind deflector so it's great. It's pretty big without being enormous.

My wires are already run to the back of the tailgate. I've bought 2 8X3W leds spotlights. These little babies have 2X more light output than standard halogen bulbs but only need 1,5A to work (vs 4,58A for halogen). They are not as bright as HID's but with 6 HID lights on my Jeep, I didn't want 2 more ballasts.

But I don't know if it looks better for the front or back up lights. I first wanted them for back up on the basket but it looks pretty good with the wind deflector at the front. But I do have already a lot of light output at the front.

So the next step is to buy cross bars and wait for the spring!

Here are some pictures with an half of the basket. The two pieces are exactly alike so what makes it front or rear is just the deflector.

Spotlight leds

Front look

Front look

Rear look

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice rack (Haha). I needed sunglasses to look at those pics. If u need lights out backdrop I say put them out back. Then if u back into anything then ur blind and shouldn't drive.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
you always come up with great ideas my friend...............

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you always come up with great ideas my friend...............
Thanks!
I think I want to put more up-to-date products like HID's and leds even if people are not used to this on Jeeps. They prefer example 4 standard bulbs on a roof bar or things like that. But, being a future electrical engineer, I think standard bulbs are too simple! :p

I thought about my front or rear problem and the lights are gonna go at the front. It looks pretty nice with the deflector. But I also have something special for the reverse lights. I already have 68 smd white led bulbs but it's gonna be brighter. Be sure to check that out!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Be careful as they might be illegal in Québec..............

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The roof rack project is done.
I've put lights at the front and the back but I finally remove the back ones. The wires were too visible because there is no deflector at the back. The front and the back lights were the same so instead I've got spare ones.

Here are some shots :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts