My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 sport has those black runners on the roof, but they're so nontraditional that I have no idea what cross bars would fit it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
80 Posts
Check this site out. Seeing that you have the flush rails, you are going to need a "fit kit" no matter what brand of roof rack you buy.

Thule Rack

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Limited 2.4tigershark
110 Posts
Yes go to the website for the brand rack you want and order the rack and cross bars. Hint… this is what google is for. Just put your car info and “crossbars” in google and it will tell you what you need.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2007 sport has those black runners on the roof, but they're so nontraditional that I have no idea what cross bars would fit it. Any ideas?
Unless you’re talking about not having any roof rails at all. It’s a sport and I know some sports don’t have roof rails. Not to be confused with Cross bars. Roof rails go from front to rear on the roof, cross bars fit on top of roof rails and go from door to door. Then a basket or rack can go on top of that. So you need all three things. If you don’t have the roof rails then you’re out of luck. Sounds like you may just be talking about the trim not actual roof rails. But I still say please google this stuff it’s not that hard.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Or at the least you can take it into the dealer and ask them what you need and have them do it. You should be using a dealer for service anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or at the least you can take it into the dealer and ask them what you need and have them do it. You should be using a dealer for service anyway.
No, I shouldn't. I avoid the dealership like the plague. I do all my own maintenance and have kept my 2007 on the road without a single trip to the $tealer$hip.

And cool it with the "you should be googling" replies. You don't think I've tried that already? It's hard to find information for my 2007 and/or any roof rack system that A) fits and B) doesn't cost a small fortune. Looking at you Thule.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Things cost $$ these days. Don’t cheep out, and yes you should be using dealerships. Cause when you get ready to sell that 07 any new car you get from anyone will only be able to be worked on at a dealer. So treat them right so that they are still around to help you out. Cause you will need it. Cars are built to ware out these days kinda like laptops and smartphones. You may not like it but cars are disposable consumer goods now. Expensive yes!! But disposable also yes.
mad for google thing… I had to do all the work for my car to find out what fit. And without more info you are the only one who knows what you need. Also again don’t cheep out. You do get what you pay for these days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some cheaper alternatives could even be dangerous. A) they could come off the car at speed. B) things attached can rip off at speed. Don’t cheap out, it’s a safety thing. There’s a reason some things cost more then others. Because they are better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Things cost $$ these days. Don’t cheep out, and yes you should be using dealerships. Cause when you get ready to sell that 07 any new car you get from anyone will only be able to be worked on at a dealer. So treat them right so that they are still around to help you out. Cause you will need it. Cars are built to ware out these days kinda like laptops and smartphones. You may not like it but cars are disposable consumer goods now. Expensive yes!! But disposable also yes.
mad for google thing… I had to do all the work for my car to find out what fit. And without more info you are the only one who knows what you need. Also again don’t cheep out. You do get what you pay for these days.
Not everything has to cost $$$, especially some plastic clips and two metal bars... $600+ for one bar? Are you freaking kidding me? Who can afford that? It's a scam.

Like I said. I'll never use the dealership. It's a cash grab scam that I can't afford. So I taught myself how to do all my own maintenance and I've saved myself tens of thousands of dollars. I don't go through cars like socks. I keep them until the wheels fall off, so I don't have to worry about having some dealer's approval attached to my vehicle. Go ask a dealer how much it is to change to CVT fluid in these cars. You know how much it cost me? $40. My old Jeep is going strong and I plan on driving it for well over 200K miles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good for you. And no I’m not kidding you. Things that work and are approved for DOT transportation standards cost cash. When will people wake up and realize they can’t afford what they even have and quit thinking they are middle class. Most all of us are lower class now. Cars are expensive and if your not willing to pay to keep them up then you shouldn’t be driving one. I’m tired of the I can’t afford it crowd.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you would provide more info we could try to help you. I mean, do you even have roof rails on the sport? Cause if not, this is all for not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not everything has to cost $$$, especially some plastic clips and two metal bars... $600+ for one bar? Are you freaking kidding me? Who can afford that? It's a scam.

Like I said. I'll never use the dealership. It's a cash grab scam that I can't afford. So I taught myself how to do all my own maintenance and I've saved myself tens of thousands of dollars. I don't go through cars like socks. I keep them until the wheels fall off, so I don't have to worry about having some dealer's approval attached to my vehicle. Go ask a dealer how much it is to change to CVT fluid in these cars. You know how much it cost me? $40. My old Jeep is going strong and I plan on driving it for well over 200K miles.
Sorry it went this way for you. been around for a long time on forums and most of them turn out this way . Funny you brought up cvt, I had to buy the dip stick for like 12 bucks off amazon lol
Funny now people think the only way you can drive a car now is if you take it to the dealer lol. Anyways try the wreckers most people in wrecks forget to take those puppy's off..
I had the same issue ,I have a 2008 jeep compass which is basically 100 percent the same as yours and the patriot and for couple of years. It was the only model with these stupid "roof rails",
So the crossbars are hard to find.

I just signed up to basically say find a more loving place to ask questions if your a diy . This is obviously not the place as you will run across these types here it seems..."I’m tired of the I can’t afford it crowd. " Just mouth drop on that one . He seriously had to go out of his way to type that . Its not about not being able to afford it its about the principle of dealerships way over charging. I installed push start and a remote start on my jeep with pke and bluetooh remote start with app . the mux through me for a loop but added a relay,Done!!.
My Jeep only came with one key. Cant program a New key, you need two keys with jeeps to be able to program new key.
. "take it to a dealer ship pay 500 or more for new key" F that ordered super chips and a key programmer ,got key cut at hardware store for 5 bucks .. done..!!! Now i can make thousand of keys for me and my friend and it was still cheaper then taking it to the dealer ship..

But be happy because if this guy drives out of town and gets a flat tire with no cell service or onstar ..he will have to wait for somebody like you or me to come save him .. rich!!!..

edit .. looked around this site and it seems really good ..just bad luck as this is what came up in google for me so my impression was the entire site was like this one guy....... I was expecting every question on this site to have a simple reply "use google" and "take it to a dealer ship" "your poor if you do diy"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts