My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new to the forum and have found a lot of great info so far. Love all of the pics of the RRO lift kit. Definitely happening in the future for me. I was looking for some roof rack options. I have looked through the big names and not sure if I am prepared to drop $350+ for a rack. I need a roof rack for fishing rods because I can't put an 11' rod on the front of my car due to trees in my area. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
286 Posts
do you already have the cross bars to put the rack on I use the cross beams to hold my poles and a mat down to put my ice chest up there and use the tie strap holders to secure it all up top

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you already have the cross bars to put the rack on I use the cross beams to hold my poles and a mat down to put my ice chest up there and use the tie strap holders to secure it all up top
I do not have the cross bars. I only have the factory rails on there right now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like Thule but there a bit pricey but u can get a lot of attachments to go with it for what ever u need and the attach but bolts that are on the side rails there should be 8 plastic pulgs that are covering the bolt holes up top

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like Thule but there a bit pricey but u can get a lot of attachments to go with it for what ever u need and the attach but bolts that are on the side rails there should be 8 plastic pulgs that are covering the bolt holes up top
Yeah their rack is $400 but mopar and a no name brand are half that. Not sure which way to go that's why I started this thread

·
Registered
286 Posts
Y'all there are some healer out there that will work just find but just make sure on what ur getting some of those u can't use attachments for like bikes and boats and stuff form some brands

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just got done building my own low profile roof cross bars ill put pics up when I have mounted letting the paint dry right now the another coat of truck bed liner on them

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Nrider, is that FDII or did you swap the Fascia?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts