My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mopar part # 82214657 Roof Rails, Black, same as production suggested retail $ 205.00
Mopar part # 82214656 Roof Rails, Bright, same as production suggested retail $ 205.00
Mopar part # 82214658AB Roof Rack, Crossrails, Black suggested retail $ 225.00
If you want to order them I suggest here. moparpartscounter.com
Best price I could find on the net. Just type in the part #s in the search box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone found third party cross rails that will work? I just installed the side rails and they look great. The cross rails are expensive! Was hoping to find a good third party option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mopar part # 82214657 Roof Rails, Black, same as production suggested retail $ 205.00
Mopar part # 82214656 Roof Rails, Bright, same as production suggested retail $ 205.00
I am doing the same for my Jeep Compass sport. I have been on the phone with different MOPAR customer service reps and I get different part numbers every time so it gave me some trust issues before I purchase. I attached the latest part numbers I got (different from yours listed). Additionally they included hardware that I would need, Roof moldings from the rail to the windshield, etc. Are the part numbers you listed like a package of it all or what? I am looking for the all black ones, not the black with chrome underside. Thanks WisHawk

Anyone found third party cross rails that will work? I just installed the side rails and they look great. The cross rails are expensive! Was hoping to find a good third party option.
ElovesC, Obviously from above, I too have the 2017 Compass Sport and looking to install Rails in order to put cross bars on. What did you end up buying? If you would be so kind, can you help me out with tips on removing the moulding or any other advice you can give me?

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
The part numbers I listed previously are for the New Generation 2017 1/2 Compass.
They include everything you need to install.
You have to be careful when you speak to customer service some of them have no idea that there are 2 different 2017 model compass. Best to have your vin number and double check with moparpartscounter.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
The part numbers I listed previously are for the New Generation 2017 1/2 Compass.
They include everything you need to install.
You have to be careful when you speak to customer service some of them have no idea that there are 2 different 2017 model compass. Best to have your vin number and double check with moparpartscounter.com
Yes I have come to find that it is difficult sometimes to verify these across different MOPAR retailers. They have confirmed that the 82214657 part number fits my vehicle as a rack Kit. He was unable however to get any sort of narrative with it to confirm that it was inclusive of all things I would need to install it: Both rails, Covers, Roof molding joints, and locking nuts. I assume that since it is a "Kit" that it would include all of those within it? Going with the Kit option is way cheaper than how they have been leading me to buy it part by part as long as it has everything I need.

Also any advice on taking off the existing molding? I have never done this sort of thing to any vehicle before never mind my first new vehicle so I do not want to damage anything.

Thanks!!.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bought the mopar crossbars package and was happy to find that its really a Thule aeorblade setup without the branding on it for half the price. I'll be installing tonight, but looks straighforward. Its certainly a much better "OEM" package than what came on my old Ford Edge.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bought the mopar crossbars package and was happy to find that its really a Thule aeorblade setup without the branding on it for half the price. I'll be installing tonight, but looks straighforward. Its certainly a much better "OEM" package than what came on my old Ford Edge.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that package run? I'm kind of partial to Yakima, but if the price is right, I could be persuaded!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It was ~$250 shipped for the feet, locks, and bars. I just googled the part number (82214658AB) and shopped around a bit. My dealer tried to sell it to me for close to $500 for just parts. After buying a brand new car from them I would have hoped to get it at cost, but I guess they need 300% margin to help payoff the newly built dealership.

Rained again last night so I'll bolt it on this weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just looked 'em up in the MOPAR parts web page. They look good and very reasonable price. Think I'll go that direction. Thanks! Post some pics when you get yours installed!

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
71 Posts
It was ~$250 shipped for the feet, locks, and bars. I just googled the part number (82214658AB) and shopped around a bit. My dealer tried to sell it to me for close to $500 for just parts. After buying a brand new car from them I would have hoped to get it at cost, but I guess they need 300% margin to help payoff the newly built dealership.

Rained again last night so I'll bolt it on this weekend.
Is that 82214658AB part, just the cross rails? I already have the factory side rails.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like FCA could use some better sales folks otherwise this sort of stuff would have been mentioned from the start and all without it feeling forced. I know some sales guys that are quick to sell you accessories but accessories they know you will want, hard to turn down!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that 82214658AB part, just the cross rails? I already have the factory side rails.
ghiser30 is correct, those are just the crossbars (plus footpack and locks). I had the factory side rails as well. Install wasn't too bad. There's a long rubber strip that slides in to the track on top that is sticky. I sprayed some Armor All on the track and the strip and then pulled the strip down the track with some needle nose pliers. Instructions aren't the greatest but its reasonably straightforward. I had them assembled and installed in about an hour despite being a bit hungover.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
ghiser30 is correct, those are just the crossbars (plus footpack and locks). I had the factory side rails as well. Install wasn't too bad. There's a long rubber strip that slides in to the track on top that is sticky. I sprayed some Armor All on the track and the strip and then pulled the strip down the track with some needle nose pliers. Instructions aren't the greatest but its reasonably straightforward. I had them assembled and installed in about an hour despite being a bit hungover.
You do good work hungover! They look sharp! The picture on MOPAR's page has the cross bars mounted backwards. Looks a LOT better mounted right!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Can you tell me how long the cross rails are and whether the spacing between them is variable or fixed? If the spacing is fixed, can you tell me what the distance between the rails is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are 2 sets of bolt holes that can be used for the rear rails. I have mine in the closer holes and I believe its about 30" between the bars if I remember right. I think you could get another 6-10 inches with the rear mounting holes. I'll try to get a measurement tonight if time permits.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts