My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ANYONE know where i can grab some OEM roof rails for under $200.00? I've tried car-parts.com, craigs- :confused:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
They are rare......try your dealer..........I got mine for around this price last year !!!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Roof rack whistle

On the subject of roof racks,
Has anybody found a solution to the whistling heard from the front bar when it is over the open sunroof.
Needs a faring of some sort like Thule offers, MOPAR is not that versed racks.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I caved and paid the 200 :eek:
Well they are over 300 here. Hell might freeze over first. I got a small trailer and fixed it up, bearings, 2" ball coupler and wiring pigtail for the lights. Its around 200lbs 6.5ftx6.5ft used to be tent trailer box. I will put new light on it in the fall but its road worthy now and well under the cost of a roof rack cross arms.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Thule set, the airdam looks pretty good.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Airdam - damn!

I got the Thule set, the airdam looks pretty good.
Good on you .. . in 2007 Thule had yet to offer the mounts . . . I would have stayed with Thule 100% - having already a bunch of Thule accessories.
Damn.
Would love to see a picture of the set up.
i2

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There site has nothing for new models. I checked for 09 out of curiosity. They appear to be pricey anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just an FYI, but a member over at another Jeep forum has a set of OEM Sport/Utility Bars for about $200 shipped (he quoted me shipping from Virginia to Illinois). I was hoping to get them for dirt cheap, but no go :). If anyone is interested I'll PM you the details on where/who it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just an FYI, but a member over at another Jeep forum has a set of OEM Sport/Utility Bars for about $200 shipped (he quoted me shipping from Virginia to Illinois). I was hoping to get them for dirt cheap, but no go :). If anyone is interested I'll PM you the details on where/who it is.
I'm interested. I live in Washington DC so if he's in Northern VA I might be able to skip on the shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm interested. I live in Washington DC so if he's in Northern VA I might be able to skip on the shipping.
Sent you a PM!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Moving the roof bars

Anybody using the Compass roof-rack bars figure out how to easily remove and reinstall them?
Seems it takes me for ever with endless fussing each time I try and move them.
Very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Anybody using the Compass roof-rack bars figure out how to easily remove and reinstall them?
Seems it takes me for ever with endless fussing each time I try and move them.
Very frustrating.
Ask a thief.

I haven't got a set. Way overpriced rails. Other Chrysler come with them but not Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Does any know if these hard to remove rails(as stated by i2canoe, haha) for the Compass are the same as the Patroit. The rail looks the same but I am not sure of the spread side to side. Mopar does not offer part # in there option catalog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.