My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I call the local pick a part or salvage store to ask if they have rotors off a Compass, they say "we don't have one of those cars here". I thought the compass was similar in brakes to some other chrysler cars and that the rotors from one would be the same as rotors for the other. Do these guys know that or is there some sort of cross reference list available?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most do have the cross reference, but you can check it yourself. If you look up the part on AutoZone | Auto Parts & Accessories | Repair Guides & More, there is a spot where they list all cars that the part fits. Several other sites will show this as well.

For example, I looked up the front rotor for my Jeep and it lists 40 Chrysler models, 41 Dodge, 70 Jeep and 52 Mitsubishi models that it also fits.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Why would you put used rust salavage yard rotors on. Get them turned if you must but you maybe too thin afterwards.

I replaced my rear ones a month ago which were worn from the pads. I likely could have gone once more but knowone turns them anymore. I got a new set from my parts store. $50 for the pair. :rotfl:

what you saving buying at the wrecker. :dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts