My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just bought a used 2014 Compass latitude 2.4L / 6-speed a couple weeks ago. I've noticed that about 10-20% of the time there will be a rumbling vibration which seems to come from the engine compartment, only while accelerating moderately. Very light or very hard acceleration rarely produces it, but it sometimes does.

It seems to happen more often when accelerating moderately from a slower speed, like if Granny Smith just turned off the road going 15mph, or accelerating out of a slow turn, like turning right/left out of a parking lot from a light.

Changed the spark plugs with new OEM from Mopar and a Fram air filter because I wanted to, anyway. No improvement.

May need to take it back for the dealer's 6 mo / 6,000 mile warranty...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I did the math wrong in my head, it is still under the Mopar Powertrain warranty for another 13 months according to Mopar. I'm assuming it is motor mounts or vibration dampers as it happens under load in low RPMs, and increases with turns (shifting weight).

Anyone have experience taking a vehicle in for review under warranty? I'm assuming I'll just set an appointment with a Jeep dealer and there will be no cost unless it is something outside the realm of what I'm thinking are the possibilities.

Although I purchased it from a large regional dealer, the specific dealer I purchased from was not a Mopar dealer, and I'm concerned they may have been aware of the issue anyway and just tightened something down as a "fix" while they sold it. Not going back there. It didn't do it during the test drive and appeared the day after purchasing the vehicle, and it is beginning to happen during most accelerations, sometimes light and sometimes so heavy I can slightly see the left/right vibration in the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts