My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Compass (I adore it, I bought it with graduation money and it is my favorite thing in the whole world). I bought it from a friend of a friend, used, about a year ago. I paid full cash for it. The guy was very open that it had a bit of rust, but my mechanic took a good look and said he wasn't concerned. Got new tires, new brakes, a few other things. A few days ago, I started hearing some creaking and rattling on my back end, especially when I hit bumps or railroad tracks. The sound suddenly lot louder and sounded much more concerning. I took it to my mechanic again, he showed me my entire rear sub frame (he also said cradle?) is rusted out, along with my axel and several other things all rusted out. My rear cradle cracked and that was the rattling sound! My uncle is a mechanic and said it may be under warranty, he said he sees Jeeps with premature rust all the time. Does anyone know anything about a warranty or recall related that could help me get some financial aid for the repairs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts