My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I hate to say goodbye (I’ll still hope I will feel welcome to jump in and say hi from time to time)

But I traded in my Jeep and went back to Mazda.

The Compass was great, had some minor issues with it but who doesn’t when they get a new car, no my issues where with the dealership lying to me.
Not to mention I found out after the fact that Jeep “buys” their service contracts from Chrysler, then resell it, and to get the best service contract you need to barter with them before purchasing the vehicle, and that would explain why the service “managers” I had to deal with all went into sales speeches when ever I would talk with them.

I miss my Compass already, but to have piece of mind if ever something happens, I will be provided with a rental car, and not have to barter with the service managers when ever I need work done.

So good luck guys, I hope your Compass’s last long and treat you right!!!

Fly

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out for you. I never had any problems with the service at my dealer. The time it appeared it would take longer than a day, I was given a rental car no problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( but it was so nice!!!

Good luck with the mazda... i went from a mazda to my compass and I'm so happy! I'm not too conerned with the service...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Whaaaa......!!?? You're one of the originals around here. You're member #6. You were only 5 posts away from being the #1 poster :) Well thanks for spending time with us. Don't be afraid to stop by once in a while.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Webmaster said:
Whaaaa......!!?? You're one of the originals around here. You're member #6. You were only 5 posts away from being the #1 poster :) Well thanks for spending time with us. Don't be afraid to stop by once in a while.
Awww I was one of the first too huh :-(

And just to make sure you guys know, it wasn't the Jeep it's self, it was the one dealership that lied to mey turned me off.

Don't worry I will still check in from time to time to see how you guys are doing :)

Have a great 4th to our USA members :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
feel the same

I feel the same way here with my dealer....My car was suppose to be here a month ago..then firm date was the 2nd and todays it the 4th and its not here...enough said

I almost went down to syracuse and bought a new wrangler instead but the thought of someone having my custom compass is worth the wait
hopefully saturday ill get her

·
Registered
656 Posts
Re: feel the same

nettolt said:
my custom compass is worth the wait
hopefully saturday ill get her
Nettoit - after 3 months my custom compass finally arrived . . . I needed a 5-speed, sunroof in the limited . . . It finally arrived and was available for me last Friday - 400kms on the weekend and I am thrilled!
Meanwhile the dealers in Canada apparently are totally unable to predict the arrival, I was quoted 4-6 weeks when I bought it at the end of March. At the end of May I was told the car was built and would be in within a couple of weeks, mid may and I was told the car was shipped and would be in any day, finally the last day of June it was delivered :!:

HANG IN THERE . . .

·
Registered
15 Posts
according to them

according to them it is in buffalo...they even printed me off the tracking information that shows where is has been day by day....i am going to post that as it shows it travels between states in JB status
ETA according to the sheet is the 9th

·
Registered
208 Posts
Too bad you had a poor dealer experience - sorry to see you go.. I hope you didn't lose too much on the trade / original purchase to spite the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Delear Experience?

Only one dealer in Dallas area? If my dealer ticked me off, I'm going to a different one if I need service. Right now, one of DCX's troubles is too many dealers. If one doesn't treat you proper, go to another. No way would I take a loss on a almost new vehicle to get away from a dealer....

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well that really is too bad, Fly. Sure do hate to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I can understand the frustration as far as the dealer. My dealership moved to a brand new location, and aren't even set up on the Jeep side to do oil changes and tire rotations. They are a pretty big dealership, so in addition to Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep, they also service Chevy and GM, which is where they sent me for my last service. If the Jeep tech cannot do an oil change properly on the Compass, what is to make me think Mr. Goodwrench can??? Good luck to you anyways.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ACX said:
Too bad you had a poor dealer experience - sorry to see you go.. I hope you didn't lose too much on the trade / original purchase to spite the dealer.
With the 5k off I got on the mazda, I didn't do to bad on the deal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Delear Experience?

NoneRequired said:
Only one dealer in Dallas area?
No I had other dealer options, but because the way they worked the service contract I was out of luck. Grated I had other dealers wanting my Biz, but non said they could put me into a rental car program without getting a new service plan :-(
Just sucks that ONE dealer told me lies up front :-(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts