1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry about the user name I mistyped ;)

Just picked up a Compass Trailhawk yesterday in a pearl white with the black roof - had a Renegade Trailhawk some years ago - and so far all good.

Quick question.

Car has come with halogen projector headlights and they are very yellow but checking online and in the manual i cannot find out what type of bulb is fitted so I can upgrade them.
I don't want to use LED's , just better versions of the halogens so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would help.

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Welcome!

Others on the site may respond with a definitive answer, but you want an answer right now you may be able to find related posts by using the "Search Community" box at the top of this page. It is well-disguised being dark gray on a black background, and the "community" term is a bit misleading. However, type in a description of what you're looking for and you'll probably find a couple dozen threads.

Or I would think any auto parts store could help -- it's their business and they want to sell them to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
Can't help with the bulbs but did want to say hello from a fellow brit. I am on my 1st jeep, 3 weeks today. Mine is a Limited but so far loving it.
What area you from, i am in Wednesbury west midlands.

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,

Thanks Jasmine , I already looked but most are fitting led's and i want to use halogen as led's will probably mess with beam pattern and be bad for oncoming traffic.

Hey Squizzel , I'm down in Surrey but pre-covid would go up north a bit but most of the time its down to Devon / Cornwall which is where the Trailhawk side comes in useful ;)

So far all is good , dealer replaced parcel shelf as 1 clip was damaged and it kept falling off. Also still waiting for Uconnect to start working - currently unavailable for the vehicle - so will give it a little time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks Jasmine , I already looked but most are fitting led's and i want to use halogen as led's will probably mess with beam pattern and be bad for oncoming traffic.

Hey Squizzel , I'm down in Surrey but pre-covid would go up north a bit but most of the time its down to Devon / Cornwall which is where the Trailhawk side comes in useful ;)

So far all is good , dealer replaced parcel shelf as 1 clip was damaged and it kept falling off. Also still waiting for Uconnect to start working - currently unavailable for the vehicle - so will give it a little time.
You should be able to walk into any auto shop and ask them to look up what bulb you need. However, if you have the projector headlights as you stated above, then you actually have an HID (high intensity discharge) bulb. You cannot simply swap that out with a halogen bulb since HID's are powered by a ballast.

I would suggest you adjust your headlights up/down to get a better light pattern on the road. There is a flat head set screw behind the headlight housing. Maybe they were not adjusted correctly by the previous owner/factory? HIDs are actually known to be brighter than LEDs, so alignment may be your issue...

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi CorbinCompass,

I'm not sure if these are available over there but they are halogen projectors according to the spec sheet.
I had HID's on my old Renegade Trailhawk and yes they were very good but these are no where near the same , not white and dull compared to the Renegade - and the Tucson I had for a short time before coming back to Jeep ! - so I'll pop into my local dealer at the weekend and ask them to check on their system.
I also agree that headlights seem set low so will get them checked and realigned if needed , it seems that they come from the factory set low based on other posts I have found.
Apart from that all is good so far , no rattles / errors , just waiting for Jeep to enable the Uconnect - error at the factory in configuration apparently - so should be working in next few days.
I will update on bulb type once I have it confirmed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi CorbinCompass,

I'm not sure if these are available over there but they are halogen projectors according to the spec sheet.
I had HID's on my old Renegade Trailhawk and yes they were very good but these are no where near the same , not white and dull compared to the Renegade - and the Tucson I had for a short time before coming back to Jeep ! - so I'll pop into my local dealer at the weekend and ask them to check on their system.
I also agree that headlights seem set low so will get them checked and realigned if needed , it seems that they come from the factory set low based on other posts I have found.
Apart from that all is good so far , no rattles / errors , just waiting for Jeep to enable the Uconnect - error at the factory in configuration apparently - so should be working in next few days.
I will update on bulb type once I have it confirmed
I'm only aware of two headlight styles on the Compass, but maybe there is a difference outside the US. If you have a halogen headlight, does the assembly look like the diagram here? Jeep OE - Jeep Compass 2019 Front Lamps - Headlamp Components

If so, it should be an H11 halogen. Good luck!

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go to any known auto bulb mfgr's (like Sylvania) web site; fill-in their BULB FINDER yr/make/model info. You don't say what year ya got so I filled in " 2018 Jeep Compass" . Sylvania says you/we have halogen:
LOW BEAM - H11
HIGH BEAN - 9005

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go to any known auto bulb mfgr's (like Sylvania) web site; fill-in their BULB FINDER yr/make/model info. You don't say what year ya got so I filled in " 2018 Jeep Compass" . Sylvania says you/we have halogen:
LOW BEAM - H11
HIGH BEAN - 9005

Hi Fixcaragain,

It's brand new so 2020. I tried that as well but the fact it shows low and main beam on the sites I tried as well suggests they are wrong , its a projector so only uses the 1 bulb for both low / high although it does appear to be an H11.

Thanks again :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts