My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

My 2017 jeep compass limited that has uconnect 4c with 8.4 display surprised me. The screen started delamination issues. (I suppose because of hot summer weather)

After web searching I understood that it is a common problem for uconnect and lot of Chrysler/uconnect owners faced it.

As I'm out of warranty, so I suppose the best option is to replace lcd monitor. Maybe anyone knows the correct part number?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello!

My 2017 jeep compass limited that has uconnect 4c with 8.4 display surprised me. The screen started delamination issues. (I suppose because of hot summer weather)

After web searching I understood that it is a common problem for uconnect and lot of Chrysler/uconnect owners faced it.

As I'm out of warranty, so I suppose the best option is to replace lcd monitor. Maybe anyone no the correct part number?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
14 Posts
So if you got the dealer your looking at paying about 1500-1800 use. But I found looking on eBay and a few other sites you can get them for about 300-900 depending on condition and features.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is this covered under warranty? I should just call my dealers service dept. This is starting to happen to my 2018 compass.
Please know that our team is available via private message for additional support during any dealer service. We are happy to help.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined the forum. My wife bought a 2017 compass trailhawk, and the infotainment system went haywire, and the screen is delaminating. It only has 23000 miles and is garaged. I went to my dealer and now have to pay 1,100.00 to have it replaced. I also found out it is a recoditioned one from the factory, as a new one is double the price. I am filing a complaint with Chrysler as well with my attorney against the manufacturer. I wanted the old part back but was told there is a core charge of 1,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2017 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. The start/stop feature has malfunctioned several times since I bought it 2 years ago. Today the start/stop once again malfunctioned and killed the car. When I restarted, the uconnect screen won't even turn on. I'm really wondering if I bought a lemon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I have the same issue, waiting on jeep to get back to the dealer, and whether or not it's covered under warranty 2019 bought from new came with a 5-year warranty!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the same issue, waiting on jeep to get back to the dealer, and whether or not it's covered under warranty 2019 bought from new came with a 5-year warranty!!!!
Hi shaunb,
Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and additional details on your concerns. We'd be happy to look into this for you.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, just got back from inquiring about this issue (touch screen coming apart, changing stations when it wants to) in my 2018 Trailhawk. Was told no warranty on it (didn't open any sort of claim or anything) and price was more than I can justify. Might be first time in over 30 years I might not own a Jeep.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So you got a 5yr old car with a part that's out of warranty by time/mileage and you want to give up on the brand for not giving you a new one for free?? Entitled much?
iIs a car things will wear out/fail at some point no matter the Mfg. Replace the radio either with a new/used one or go aftermarket replacement and enjoy the ride.... SMH my head

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, just got back from inquiring about this issue (touch screen coming apart, changing stations when it wants to) in my 2018 Trailhawk. Was told no warranty on it (didn't open any sort of claim or anything) and price was more than I can justify. Might be first time in over 30 years I might not own a Jeep.
Hi Tag1260,
We understand the frustration. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi have exactly the same issue with my Jeep Compass 2017. Delaminated screen, glue dropping between the touch screen panel and the LCD and ghost touches everywhere. As it is out of warranty I removed all the glue but the lcd seems to be broken, possibly because of the pressure that the glue made between the touch screen and the LCD. So now i'm searching only for the LCD component (or a compatible one) because everything else works fine. Can someone help me please? Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi have exactly the same issue with my Jeep Compass 2017. Delaminated screen, glue dropping between the touch screen panel and the LCD and ghost touches everywhere. As it is out of warranty I removed all the glue but the lcd seems to be broken, possibly because of the pressure that the glue made between the touch screen and the LCD. So now i'm searching only for the LCD component (or a compatible one) because everything else works fine. Can someone help me please? Thanks
Hi Alex77,

Our team is happy to take a look into your concerns with you. Feel welcome to send us a private message with more information about your vehicle, including your VIN and current mileage, for further assistance.

Steph
Jeep Cares

1 - 15 of 15 Posts