My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Same issue here started AGAIN on my 2018 Compass Latitude. Only 30k miles on it…. Screen randomly all striped, distorted and unusable. Started up again in the middle of a roadtrip when I actually needed the GPS from my phone. Have had recurring issues since I bought it new with the CarPlay dropping everytime I use the AC. Was told while it was still under warranty that it was just a software update. Nope. Dealership just gave me the runaround and rode out my warranty and didn’t fix it. Screen had randomly striped out on me a couple years ago for a few months, but I think that one was also the same update as my backup camera often freezing up ? It’s hard to remember at this point this car has had so many random issues with it from the very beginning. I’ve had it randomly lock up and stall on a couple occasions. Door seals were leaking and had to be replaced. Windshield wiper broke off while driving in the snow and cracked my windshield. And of course the super sketchy oil consumption issue that seems to have been settled by a class action lawsuit. Maybe this UConnect hazard is their next Class Action since they don’t take responsibility for their mistakes.
Seems a lot of people are even paying to have the whole unit replaced and still having the same issue - this hazard is and has been occurring across all FCA brands with the same UConnect Infotainment system for a few years now and FCA hasn’t even addressed the issue. I just for something in the mail a couple weeks ago about the settlement amount for the oil consumption.
note to self : never buy anything FCA again.
I fell in love with this car when It first came out, hopefully I’ll at least be able to reliably access the heated seats and steering wheel controls this winter that I paid extra for.
We'd be happy to look into any additional information related to your concerns, Roland. Feel free to message us with your VIN to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Thank you JeepCares / FCA for taking care of this for me with my dealership.
Glad to help anytime, Roland!

Steph
Jeep Cares

My 2020 Jeep Compass' screen is completely black now. Can't use my back up camera, Bluetooth, etc. It's so disheartening. My vehicle is only 2 years old. I'm so disappointed.
Hi DarlingNik,

We can certainly take a further look into this for you as well. Our team is available to discuss your screen concerns via private message.

Steph
Jeep Cares

I have this same issue and have had it getting worse for about a year now. This started right around/after the car was under warranty. Is Jeep doing anything about this?
Hello barhoc11,

I'm sorry this is happening with you as well. You are welcome to send us a PM with your VIN and current mileage, and we can search further into your vehicle information for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Please message me. 🙏
Hello DarlingNik,

To start a conversation, click our username then select the ‘start a conversation’ button and send us your VIN and mileage for us to review. If you prefer to speak with a live agent, you can also contact 877-426-5337 for assistance.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Been trying to help my cousin with this for awhile found this site and signed up just to post.

My cousin is disabled and it isn't easy for her to get around also living in a small town I've taken her to 4 different dealerships in 3 different cities, same result no help and she's been treated like crap by 2 of the dealerships after dumping a ton of money into it at what was originally her main go-to dealer...

Even when trying to speak about customizing a new jeep to her liking sales rep doesn't even answer her instead responds to myself or her husband and completely dismisses her.

Seems like it's a never ending cycle of hurdles to something that was defective from the start in my opinion.

Been trying to help my cousin with this for awhile found this site and signed up just to post.

My cousin is disabled and it isn't easy for her to get around also living in a small town I've taken her to 4 different dealerships in 3 different cities, same result no help and she's been treated like crap by 2 of the dealerships after dumping a ton of money into it at what was originally her main go-to dealer...

Even when trying to speak about customizing a new jeep to her liking sales rep doesn't even answer her instead responds to myself or her husband and completely dismisses her.

Seems like it's a never ending cycle of hurdles to something that was defective from the start in my opinion.
We're sorry to hear this is happening, Rondo! Please be sure to contact our Jeep Canada team for further assistance at 800-465-2001.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Same problem with my Compass MY18.

Screen delaminated with air or liquid "bubble" in the upper area.

Does not look nice. but I could've lived with that. Since last Monday ghost touches all over the screen.

The only option my dealer could offer is to install a replacement unit for about 2k€.

I can't say I'm impressed with the way Jeep is pushing what is clearly a serial defect to customers and dealers.

However, Stellantis generally seems to leave customers and dealers alike out in the cold.

I guess the next car will come from Korea or China. 🤷‍♂️

Same problem with my Compass MY18.

Screen delaminated with air or liquid "bubble" in the upper area.

Does not look nice. but I could've lived with that. Since last Monday ghost touches all over the screen.

The only option my dealer could offer is to install a replacement unit for about 2k€.

I can't say I'm impressed with the way Jeep is pushing what is clearly a serial defect to customers and dealers.

However, Stellantis generally seems to leave customers and dealers alike out in the cold.

I guess the next car will come from Korea or China. 🤷‍♂️
Hi ChrisStg,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way! Our team assists customers within the US market, but you are more than welcome to contact your Jeep regional office at 00 800 0 426 5337 or by webform to look into available options to best assist you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Hi have exactly the same issue with my Jeep Compass 2017. Delaminated screen, glue dropping between the touch screen panel and the LCD and ghost touches everywhere. As it is out of warranty I removed all the glue but the lcd seems to be broken, possibly because of the pressure that the glue made between the touch screen and the LCD. So now i'm searching only for the LCD component (or a compatible one) because everything else works fine. Can someone help me please? Thanks
Im having the same issue. What’s the cost difference between just replacing the LCD vs. the whole thing?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts