My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought someone on here said that there was an easy way to turn the seat belt chime off.

I drive 100% of the time with my seat belt. It's the law and I am not stupid.

It's when I drive in my neighborhood I don't wear it, going to a friends house down the street or dropping/picking up my daughters. Speed limit isn't even 30mph..

But the chime goes off.

I thought I read on here that you can start with the seat belt buckled, 2 clicks - wait for seat belt lights to go out - then undo it 3 times and it should work. Didn't....

Then I thought I recalled someone saying you had to wait for the seat belt light to go off.. and then unbuckle and the return the seat belt back to the open position along the door and when you see the light come back on - then buckle it... that didn't work..

Any ideas? Anyone have luck with a 2017?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK,

Figured it out.

get in the car
buckle seat belt
turn key on 2 clicks
wait for seat belt light to go off
unbuckle and release seat belt and let it go back in until the light comes on.
repeat that 3 times
on the 3rd time - turn the key back 1 click
you should hear a conformation tone. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Starting to wonder if there's some fuse just for this function that we can yank while waiting for a real solution. But often that sort of thing is batched with some other electronics, so you might lose something else in the process.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had separate buckle to plug in before in one of my cars, don't know if you could get one. Also clicking the passengers buckle could be easier.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I will have to do it again.

I am having trouble getting the seat belt to light up once, when I retract the belt far enough the light goes off, it flickers at first.. I think that's why it's not working. I may need to help pull back the belt so it's a clean OFF then ON..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is old but

I tired this on my pervious purchased 2018 Compass Limited and I couldn't get it too work, no key so I did do the push start method, let seat belt retract back etc. Even did a test with another person in the passenger seat thinking they might of change the sequence for the newer model and that was a no-go also. Any other ideas ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts