My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
AlfaOBD with an OBDLink MX

These are the ones I changed although I think only the first one was really necessary:

The red seatbelt light will still show up on the dash but it does not chime about it. Also the car will still set the parking brake if you take off your seatbelt and open the door with the car still in drive or reverse. Still, its nice not having the dinging sound anymore.

There are some other annoyances you can rid yourself of with the AlfaOBD setup as well (such as the auto stop/start) that help make it worth the cost.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I should also say, there were rumors that the newer (2019+ ?) vehicles were coming with security modules that try to prevent these tools from accessing and modifying these settings, if you search the forum here for AlfaOBD you will find previous discussion on it.

The OBDLink MX is just a good bluetooth OBDII tool that is worth owning because it works with other apps such as Torque and it comes with its own app that is pretty decent, so you can scan trouble codes on all sorts of cars besides your Compass. AlfaOBD has a sort of trial mode where you can see if your car can be read by it or not, and then you can decide whether to pay for the app.

Last tid-bit, there are some special OBDII adapter cables you need to have as well (blue and grey are the critical ones, IIRC), more info about those on the AlfaOBD page and the other discussions here on the forum.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Easiest and cheapest way to disable it is to take the shoulder belt, pull out across your chest and clip it into the latch on the right side of your seat.
The downside is that you have to do this every time you get on the car

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Its when you are say on a job site getting in and out and in and out just to drive a few feet, maneuver a trailer, etc that the chiming drives you nuts. Just getting in your car and driving to work is not the pain point.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just buckle it up then before you get in, and sit on it

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts