My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I was thinking of installing the SWR cold intake on our Compass and I was wondering if the engine bay would have changed from 2007 to 2008?They only have the cold air intake for the 2007.I think that it hasn't changed but I wanted to get other peoples opinion. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there should not be enough differance to matter.

The only place I could find product reviews for the Secret Weapon intake is on the JC Whitney website. Many people are reporting that they are having trouble installing the SWR and that it is not a straight bolt on procedure.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your info,I apprecate it.
Has anyone bought and used any of the ebay cold air intakes?The price difference is huge but the good old you get what you pay for applies.Anyone with a personal experience yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the same question, why pay 200+ when you can get something on ebay for less then 100. it is just a pipe and a air filter right?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Keep in mind that E-Bay might be cheaper in price............but one needs to take in account the shipping and custom fees for us in Canada............and that really jacks up a price sometimes....................

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know a guy who took his old intake into minute muffler and they bent him a piece of pipe to the same specifications as the tube then he painted it to match his truck body. It looked really good when he was done. All you have to do is put a cone air filter on the end and you have a decent CAI

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The main thing I've noticed with cheap CAI's is the brackets,they look weak.The expensive ones look like they have much more support,some even come with vibration absorbers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the maintenance of these filters is really that difficult? It sounds as if you need to clean and oil them very often...

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's really easy to clean them. I just spray them down with the cleaner and run them under a tap until the water runs out clear, for good measure I do this twice. I usually let it dry over night then give it a quick spray with the oil when it's dry. I do mine about every 3 or 4 months but in the long run it's going to save money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I bought the K&N cold air intake for my compass. I need notice better acceleration on higher rpms 2.5k and above. Nothing earth shattering but better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have asked this before of others; in your opinion is the K&N cold air intake much louder?
its only loud when you floor it or if the engine is under high strain (such as going up a hill). If you drive non-agressive you will not hear it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought a second K&N filter for my jeep and had a prefilter thrown in as well. I'll post some pics of it when I'm putting it together and let you know if anything happens with the milage.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
There is one that was posted not long ago.........let me look into it.......

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe what you're thinking of was a clip of the exhaust that w4rh4wk did on his compass, I recall listening to that one. If there is a clip of a K&N CAI I don't recall hearing it but would be interested in hearing it. I used to hear mine but don't even notice it anymore

1 - 20 of 28 Posts