My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain to me what this consists of?

Soft Tonneau Cover?
Security Alarm?

I have the slightest idea what exactly this is, if anyone with info out there can help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Security Group

The Security group consists of a retractable soft cover for the Cargo area of the Compass.
Security Alarm is an anti theft device that has some engine immobilization features in case of tampering. It also works in conjuction with the Driver Convenience Group. For example if the systems detects any tampering and an unauthorized person got into the vehicle and if it was parked outside the garage, they will not be able to open the garage door using the Universal garage Door Opener.
It is only $200 CDN - I got it, not because I wanted it but the vehicle I wanted already had it.
If you are in the Toronto area (where Compass' with the nicer options are hard to comeby) I wouldn't let it hold me back
Hope this answers your question

·
Registered
109 Posts
This last one (DRL) has been mandatory for years in Canada on every vehicle sold here if I remember well, so it is not an option in Canada.

RedVortex

·
Registered
362 Posts
RedVortex said:
This last one (DRL) has been mandatory for years in Canada on every vehicle sold here if I remember well, so it is not an option in Canada.

RedVortex
It still amazes me that the US hasn't mandated the installation of DRLs in new vehicles. They've been proven to save lives for YEARS. :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts