My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2008 Jeep Compass 4x4 2.4L CVT with 180,000 km. I bought it used one year ago. Since purchase, the security/sentry key (small circular red light) has occasionally flickered while driving. When it does, the TPMS light flashes with it. This problem is happening more frequently lately. I installed winter rims without TPMS sensors, so the TPMS light stays on solid after flashing and chiming at engine start-up. Unfortunately, when the sentry light flickers, it resets the TPMS light and so the chime starts all over. On long highway drives, the both lights are flashing and the chime is sounding often.

The same thing is happening in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKLYmfhsfEs

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Is it an original key or copy? It may not think you have a valid key now and then. Do you have the 2nd key FOB. Does it do the same thing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi tripplec,
I have both original keys with remote keyless entry. The issue presents itself seemingly equally with both keys.
Perhaps the WCM does intermittently think that the key in use is invalid, however the system has never locked me out and continues to let me drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to follow-up for anyone out there, in this particular case the wires had corroded off the starter relay. Once repaired, the TPMS/Sentry light issue disappeared. I assume that the issue was related to a degrading starter relay ground, as prior to the repair the Compass would occasionally fail to start for several seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts