My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just left the dealer after signing papers and taking delivery of my brand new 2017 Trailhawk - I didn't even make it a half mile and the "Serv 4wd" light comes on followed by a "4wd Unavailable" message. As I'm slowing down, I hear these clunking noises like I ran over road debris and can feel it through the floorboards. I immediately turn around to the dealership and it keeps making those noises every time the vehicle is shifting.

I show up at the dealership and they assure me it is probably a software problem and can be fixed right away. After about an hour of my standing around, they give me a loaner vehicle (a Chrysler 200 - come on now!) for me to head home rather than wait as I explained I work from home.

I just called and they say it is going to take well past the weekend into next week and they will call me.

Any ideas? Transmission? I just found this forum and couldn't seem to find anything similar just looking at the recent topics. I found "serv 4wd" issues on the Renegade forums but nothing that sounded as serious as what I experienced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yikes. Not likely a software problem, that's just dealership babble. Assuming they have a competent mechanic they probably found the problem in less than an hour but have to order parts to repair it. Don't be surprised if this takes a couple of weeks. Also don't accept a 200 as a loaner. You paid for a Trailhawk, you should get a similar (or better) vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just to update what happened in case anyone else searches for this topic:

Thad had the vehicle for the rest of the day and say they found a "loose pin" that they fixed.

So far and 190 miles since, no problems ... ok not "no problems" but that's a whole other topic (wife claims wouldn't restart after start stop shut it off at a stop sign and she had to turn the vehicle on and off --- I'm suspicious it wasn't "user error" though!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts