My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas?

Yesterday while driving three different, seemingly unrelated, malfunction lights came on at the exact same time in my 2007 Compass. The "4WD", "ABS", and the one that looks like the "slippery when wet" car (can't remember abbreviation now that I am away from my car). Any one know what may have caused this, or what it means?

My first inclination is a computer problem... since all came on simultaneously. However, I also had my oil changed yesterday, and the temperature yesterday got up to about 100 F. Maybe these factors had something to do with it???

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I plan to take it in to be serviced as soon as possible.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I asked a mechanic friend of mine and he says it could be a potential wheel bearing problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback... though that doesn't sound good. I am definately getting it checked out today.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Sounds like the ABS, 4WD and ESC came on.....but I don't think the oil change or the temp. had anything to do with that. Was yours affected by the ABS module reflash TSB do you know? Wonder if the computer isn't thinking it detects a low traction situation. I would have them check for codes and reflash the PCM/ABS module as needed. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's such an odd problem. I haven't seen it before but hopefully it's nothing major.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it in to the dealer: turns out there is a bad sensor in the Right Rear wheel well... when it went bad, all the lights came on. Part is cheap, but labor is expensive. While they are in there they are going to go ahead and replace some parts of the hub, saves me additional labor, if it turns out that is actually the root cause of the problem.

Haven't had the work done yet-- waiting on parts.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
What sensor is it uncklutz?

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts