My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started ordering pieces to my audio system. its gonna be fun, a few hidden sub woofers and amps. And a new head unit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great! The sound will be a lot better! You don't have the boston acoustics system I guess?

I miss my old audio system that I had in my Mazda3 but I don't feel like changing my boston acoustics. It sounds great but the subwoofer isn't enough powerful.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That is going to be a very nice upgrade there Shecky!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is the box thats built to replace the factory sub, or the cubby hole. note that if you have the cubby hole you would have to modify the panel by removing the cubby hole and fabricating your own cover. this box is built for a patriot, mine will be the first compass to have one. im certain it will fit, but we wont know forsure till i get my sub, dynamat, and do the install. i talked with the builder and this would actually be version 2.0 of this box design. i got the mount location for the sub recessed 0.5" to accommodate my subs excursion. also the box air volume is around 0.5 cubic feet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you built the box yet for your compass? I would love to see the pics. I want to do the same thing and add a sub or two. I have considered mounting mine in the back hatch and modifying the panel there. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The box in the pictures is my 8" sub box for the compass, I'm keeping my spare tire. So I'm only going with the single. Plus I'll need the room for the three amps and cap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
36sq ft?? Are you doing the whole inside of your jeep?? That's a lot of weight, what density did you get, and how are you going to counteract the weight diference?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya 20 sq ft is a trunk kit, so i figure with 36sq ft ill be able to do the hatch and the entire rear area, then whatever is left over i might look at the fire wall from the inside. i dont like how noisey the compass is on the inside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is pretty loud inside after swaping intake parts, new muffler, and removing the resinator off of the pipe. Dynomat will for sure quiet it down a little for you.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

the sub doesnt fit in the box yet, i have to bore the mounting ring out a little bit then it will fit. this little 8" weights as much as one of my 12's, im excited to hook it up to my amp and see what it can do. The total weight of the dynamat is around 30lbs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update

its not quite finished, i have to dynamat the hatch, and add some bedliner product under the factory mat in the bottem of the tire well, there was some material that i assume the factory thought would be enough to dampen the sound. i didnt want to put the dynamat on it cause it was very uneven so ill spay it. i was unable to hook up the 8" kicker to my pioneer amp, even wired at 8ohm it was too powerful. So my current set up is factory amp powering the dash and hatch speakers, pioneer 2ch amp running subs, and a kenwood 4ch amp powering the 4 door speakers. DYNAMAT IS AMAZING!!! the bass recieved a tremendous improvment after it was all put back together. the next thing im gonna do is dynamat the hatch, it sounds horrible from the outside of the jeep.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the compass I had an amp rack below where the spare tire was. That's where I had mounted my 2 amps and cap. Sorry I don't seem to have a picture of the rack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts