My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not sure where to place this, so I put it up here. I replaced the stock antenna - which makes the Compass look like a teletubby - by a short mast antenna. Radio still works fine but now there's no need any longer to remove it for a car wash.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have a link to where you got this? Or do you have a brand name? I've had to return 2 so far that didnt fit right. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
9 Posts
I just ordered an amazon shark-style antenna for mine that fits over the antenna base.
Has anyone used that style for theirs?
Here’s the link of the one I ordered:

Shark bait

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered an amazon shark-style antenna for mine that fits over the antenna base.
Has anyone used that style for theirs?
Here’s the link of the one I ordered:

Shark bait
Please send a pic when you install. I was interested in this, but installed the 3.2 inch copy of the OEM. The shark fin still might be an option.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yea I e had a shark fin on mine since I bought it in February. Biggest tip I can give is clean the mounting area VERY throughly with alcohol to remove any wax that may inhibit the double sided tape from sticking.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
9 Posts
So my mount was a fail.. at least for now. Got all the stuff out, even my 3M adhesion promoter to ensure the 3m tape sticks to the roof like @19Limited suggested and the “nub” (cause I don’t know the technical term) that is supposed to be screwed into the base that then the antenna attaches to was threaded wrong, like it’s threads are too big, and I’m not about to force that shiz Down and screw up the threes on the base for a $20 solution to this little predicament.. so I need to find a “nub” that has thread spacing like the antenna I have. Here are some pics of what I received and what I was prepared to do..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are you a sat radio user or do u use terrestrial radio? Without the mast local reception is still ok. Just station’s attention far range affected. Take mast off n drive with it off for a day n see if you get reception for your terrestrial stations ok. If so install shark fin without the signal extended screwed in . The shark fin will protect open screw hole from elements.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I took my factory 2020 compass rooftop antenna into the hardware store to try and find what thread size it is. After one fail, I found out it is probably NOT SAE 1/4x28. The antenna will screw into a 1/4x28 nut, but that is because 1/4x28 is larger than the antenna threads.

As best I can tell, the antenna itself is Metric "M6x0.75". That thread pitch was pretty rare in the hardware store I was in, as I found one nut, and no bolts. Maybe we can determine if any other vehicles used M6x0.75 for their antennas.

EDIT: I might have found a couple of antennas that will work.

And for Lulz:

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is the version (3.2) I installed on my Compass. Screwed on just like the OEM, and looks much cleaner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts