My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need an antenna so I removed it. I would like to put something there. Is there anything available. I would prefer a stubby rubber one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check ebay. I looked and found a "EuroStyle (13 inch) ANTENNA" for about $15 after shipping.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Go to Canadian Tire, they have a short flexible rubber/plastic universal antenna made by Alpena I think, I got it for $10. It looks great! I'll post pics later, it's too dark to take one right now...

Pictures finally added!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the thread pattern the same as the Caliber? If so, you can order a few parts from ModernPerformance.com they sell a lot for the Caliber, and since our car's are basically the same N/A 2.4 some of the parts will work. Just wanted to know if the threads were the same, bc Modern Sells a short antenna.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No man really really easy took me one minute. Just use a wrench to remove the stock one and screw the new one back on. I just went on ebay bought it for fifteen bucks, waited three days, and put it on. No big deal at all - and it looks great!! P.S. welcome to the fourm

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks, this is an extremely helpful forum full of people like you, its amazing. if its as simple as you say, im really looking in to getting one. is it purely for looks or does it increase reception at all? id end up getting it just for looks regardless haha. thanks for your help! its greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the thread pattern the same as the Caliber? If so, you can order a few parts from ModernPerformance.com they sell a lot for the Caliber, and since our car's are basically the same N/A 2.4 some of the parts will work. Just wanted to know if the threads were the same, bc Modern Sells a short antenna.
YES!! I took a chance and ordered the antenna from ModernPerformance for the Caliber and it installed just fine. It appears to be getting me the same radio reception as with the OEM antenna

·
Registered
348 Posts
Heads up on installing shorty or billet antenna, people like them enough to steal them. Put a strip of locktight on the threads to help keep them from disappearing. If you use an adaptor be sure to put some on both sets. Me I used automotive super glue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I found several on Ebay that are around 3 inches long - I think I may try one of the little guys!

·
Registered
57 Posts
11 months after this post, I finally ordered one of these guys on Ebay. I'll post pics soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
...speaking of antennas....koruptkittens.com has awesome antenna strippers! but very stealable as well:-( I had my first girl on my antenna for 3 yrs before someone stole her and my second only lasted a month. maybe i should glue her on!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts