My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
891 Posts
Aww . . . :cry: but are you OK? I hope and pray no one was hurt.

What happened? That looks pretty bad.

My 2018 didn't look that bad and it was totaled. Our only injuries were from the airbags.

Any chance you'll get another Compass?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on local highway Sunday morning. Cruising in the center lane. Next thing I know a shotgun sound goes off over my left ear and I feel a hard hit on left side.
Dude in left lane swerved into my lane taking my Compass out. I got 2 broken ribs a couple of bruised ribs a concussion and a super sore neck.
Kicker is he had no license or insurance. My Compass was valued at $22500 repair estimate was $19250.
Jeep was totaled out by Tuesday and I just picked up another Compass today. I’m totally happy with the way my Jeep protected me and would recommend one to anyone looking for a crossover.

·
891 Posts
I was on local highway Sunday morning. Cruising in the center lane. Next thing I know a shotgun sound goes off over my left ear and I feel a hard hit on left side.
Dude in left lane swerved into my lane taking my Compass out. I got 2 broken ribs a couple of bruised ribs a concussion and a super sore neck.
Kicker is he had no license or insurance. My Compass was valued at $22500 repair estimate was $19250.
Jeep was totaled out by Tuesday and I just picked up another Compass today. I’m totally happy with the way my Jeep protected me and would recommend one to anyone looking for a crossover.
Yeah, the girl that totaled my Compass was uninsured. In NH insurance isn't required so I carry insurance against uninsured drivers. It still didn't pay what my car was worth -- it wasn't even a year old.

As with you the airbags did what they should and we weren't hurt badly. I hope you're over those injuries soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So sorry about your accident, 19 Limited. I hope you heal up soon. And that damage?!? Yikes! I thought $3,000 in hail damage on my Compass was bad (thanks, insurance, for paying the claim without raising my rates).

I have to third the emotion that Jeeps protect you well in a crash. I had a 2004 Jeep Liberty - until June 2008. Some idiot who appeared to be high (he ran away from the accident scene yelling it was his fault) didn't yield at the left turn lane and hit my Liberty in the left front tire at 35 MPH. The airbag deployed. The idiot hit the Liberty so hard that the glasses of my son, who was sitting in the back seat, flew off of his face and landed in the cup holder in the front. The crash broke the front axle, and my insurance company totaled the Jeep. ? And of course, the idiot was driving someone else's car that wasn't insured. Thankfully, I only had a sprained neck and bruises on my arms where the airbag deployed. I told my husband that if I had been in a vehicle that sat lower to the road, I would have probably been seriously injured. I've driven Jeeps ever since.

·
891 Posts
So sorry about your accident, 19 Limited. I hope you heal up soon. And that damage?!? Yikes! I thought $3,000 in hail damage on my Compass was bad (thanks, insurance, for paying the claim without raising my rates).

I have to third the emotion that Jeeps protect you well in a crash. I had a 2004 Jeep Liberty - until June 2008. Some idiot who appeared to be high (he ran away from the accident scene yelling it was his fault) didn't yield at the left turn lane and hit my Liberty in the left front tire at 35 MPH. The airbag deployed. The idiot hit the Liberty so hard that the glasses of my son, who was sitting in the back seat, flew off of his face and landed in the cup holder in the front. The crash broke the front axle, and my insurance company totaled the Jeep. ? And of course, the idiot was driving someone else's car that wasn't insured. Thankfully, I only had a sprained neck and bruises on my arms where the airbag deployed. I told my husband that if I had been in a vehicle that sat lower to the road, I would have probably been seriously injured. I've driven Jeeps ever since.
Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I was wondering if you would go for another Compass, I've sometimes wondered what I would do in that situation and I'm not really sure what I would do. I'm sure the easiest, simplest path of least resistance is to simply get another comparable of the same vehicle, getting in an accident is not supposed to be an opportunity to upgrade after all, but still I don't know if I would get the Compass again knowing everything I know about it now. Its a great car, its just not as capable as I hoped and for all the times my wife and I have bounced off its limits... yeah I just don't know. I suppose I would end up getting another Compass because of cost of upgrading, there is nothing better for the money. Everything else I am looking at is twice the cost...

Was it an easy call to get another Compass or did you ponder it for a while?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was no hesitation in my part. The day after the accident I was at my dealer lot looking at their physical inventory. 2 days later this beauty was mine. I could have gone for something else but the Compass I had was trouble free and I like the mini Grand Cherokee look. Especially in the white color with black roof.
Not sure what your experience has been but everyones journey is different. Hopefully when the time comes you find something that will suit you needs well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts