My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the Sirius One unit connected to my base CD player. What are you running? Is anyone running the built-in Sirius unit? I can't live without my satellite radio, I never want to go back to terrestrial radio

·
Registered
34 Posts
The built in Sirius CD/MP3 player is tight. I can even use the steering wheel controls for the volume/tuner/track change. I have the 9 speaker premium system and it pumps w/o the CD's :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only gripe I have with the sirius, is that everytime I go under a overpass it cuts out, and in BIG-D there are a lot over overpass's :-(
But other than the it ROCKS
I am a Indianapolis Colts fan (Born and raised in Indiana), needless to say they don't show a lot of games down here in Texas on tv, The Sirius plays all the NFL games, including the Colts games, So on game day I take the jeep out, give it a nice detail cleaing job, all the while listening to the game :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Webmaster said:
I've got the Sirius One unit connected to my base CD player. What are you running? Is anyone running the built-in Sirius unit? I can't live without my satellite radio, I never want to go back to terrestrial radio
My wife and I both got the built-in Sirius and it's GREAT!!!
I have been a fan of XM and still use my Pioneer Inno, which I love.
Chrylser gives you a free year and I just might switch over when it
come due. One thing on the radio, the "info" button is great for those
times you don't remember the title of that golden oldie.....

Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Available In Canada?

I was just wondering if someone in Canada could tell me if the Sirius radio is available here? I was doing an online build but didn't see it as an option. Unless this is included with the 6 CD changer/MP3 player model? I'd love to see some pics of the dash of the Compass with the Sirius radio installed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Available

This will work in canada. You see them all the time at future shop. XM or Sirius. My dad is a die hard Satellite Radio subsriber in good old Newfie land (XM i think). So if it works there it'll work anywhere.

As to if you can get it factory from the Jeep/Chrysler dealers in Canada I do not know. I haven't seen it as an option so aftermarket may be the only way to get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have been more specific. I meant the built in factory radio Sirius. Although thinking about it, it might be better to get a portable Sirius so that I could use it in my house as well. I had just thought I saw in offered somewhere but can't seem to find it listed anywhere in the online build.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found out directly from the source. I e-mailed through the Jeep Canada website. They told me that in early 2007 it will be an option in the Compass. So as for right now it's not available as a built in option, but will be soon. In the US, when you get Sirius, does that include the steering wheel controlls, or do you have to select something else to get that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
TheGatekeeper said:
I found out directly from the source. I e-mailed through the Jeep Canada website. They told me that in early 2007 it will be an option in the Compass. So as for right now it's not available as a built in option, but will be soon. In the US, when you get Sirius, does that include the steering wheel controlls, or do you have to select something else to get that?
yeah late availability.I saw it (built in one) on a compass parts page so maybe one can add it in after. If this is possible I know I'll be doing it. We opted for the 6 disc unit with boston acoustic setup so that should compliment them well.

*crosses fingers*

·
Registered
80 Posts
TheGatekeeper said:
I have the factory installed Sirius radio ... no steering wheel controls though.

Here's something I learned from my dealer ... when you get your Compass with the Sirius radio, it's set up for the dealer to use for three months. so he told me to wait until the Sirius stops being received, come into the dealership, and then they'll activate my Sirius account. Since I bought my Compass within a few days of it arriving on the lot, I should end up with about 15 months of Sirius radio without paying for it (yeah yeah yeah, I know I actually paid for it with the radio on the car, but it feels "free").

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sirus came with my Compass too. I've had XM for a few years. And honestly I am installing my XM Pioneer into the Compass as soon as it warms up! I'd rather pay for XM than have free Sirus. Sirus is better than FM, but either I am to used to XM or XM is just better. I'm looking for a transmitter for the Pioneer in order to still use my steering wheel controls now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
XM and Sirius

Talks of a merger between XM and Sirius today on globe and mail. Probably wont matter much initially cause of merger of this size will take a while to pull off. But it may mean similar service and programming down the line.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Siriusly Sucks

I have the factory installed. I'm extremely disappointed with the programming when it comes to Sirius. They call it commercial free but sometimes I think that there are more commercials then there are on the regular radio. They are always advertising music concerts, additional radio units, etc. If they want to call it commercial free, it should be commercial free. I also don't like the music playlists. They are not very good. I have XM on AOL and on DirecTV and it's so much better. They stations they have play better music. I'm plan on ditching Sirius after the free first year, unless they merge, which I'm really excited about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No offense to the Sirus fans, but I feel like I am listening to FM, the same songs over and over again.....I'm bored. Sounds like it is going to take quite some time before the merger is approved by the FCC. :cry:

·
Registered
204 Posts
We got the Sirius Sat package and LOVE it. I stopped listening to anything else (Hair Nation, Buzzsaw for me and All Elvis, Sirius 1 for the wife). As for commercials, ya there one every 5-6 songs but it's like 10 sec then back into music. Same with the DJ's they come on, talk for 30 secs then more music. I did notice that with some of the stations they play alot of the same stuff over again, like alot of Def Lepard and Bon Jovi but not nessesarily the same songs. Also there are tons of channels to surf though anyways.

We got the Boston 9 speaker system so I tend to crank it up in the Jeep. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts