My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm curious to know how and where you put your satellite units inside the Jeep. I've been trying to figure out what the best place is. Thanks!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Not to be a troll but just buy one with SXM built in! There is virtually no good place to mount anything extra in this car!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought about it but seems like a giant pain
What? A "giant pain" to buy a Jeep that already has SiriusXM built into the radio?

That's a "no brainer".

I guess it's too late now for you, so you'll have to find someplace to put it, and I don't think it will look very good.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry pj I seem to have kicked off a train of unhelpful responses. I seriously thought the 2nd gens all came with SXM these days (even the 5 inch radios), but maybe not. Anyways, I've looked around the dash before to try to find a good place for a dedicated standalone GPS or phone mount and its slim pickings, like the dash is full there is hardly anywhere you can put anything that doesn't block either some buttons, part of the screen, or vent airflow.

Android auto updated recently and it just occurred to me, why doesn't SXM have an android-auto compatible app like Spotify? If you have android auto that would do the trick if SXM would update their app to be AA-compat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry pj I seem to have kicked off a train of unhelpful responses. I seriously thought the 2nd gens all came with SXM these days (even the 5 inch radios), but maybe not. Anyways, I've looked around the dash before to try to find a good place for a dedicated standalone GPS or phone mount and its slim pickings, like the dash is full there is hardly anywhere you can put anything that doesn't block either some buttons, part of the screen, or vent airflow.

Android auto updated recently and it just occurred to me, why doesn't SXM have an android-auto compatible app like Spotify? If you have android auto that would do the trick if SXM would update their app to be AA-compat.
It's ok. I have the standard 5" garbage. I just wondered if anyone figured out anything creative. I have the app on my iPhone and it's fine (and does work great with Car Play) but I hate scrolling thru the phone while driving.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back before Sirius or XM was from the factory I would put them in my vehicles. Here is a picture of an old Roady 2 temporarily velcro attached to the Compass drivers visor. Easy to see and operate and not too bad to install. Works thru the FM radio however.

Baja-D

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not standard, I assumed that as the past 2 jeeps had it that i bought new. This 2018 not so much

seems like a pain to buy a car with SiriusXM already built in? my understanding is that they're standard now. did you already get yours or are looking to buy?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Optional on mine.

seems like a pain to buy a car with SiriusXM already built in? my understanding is that they're standard now. did you already get yours or are looking to buy?
For my MY 2019 Compass Sport model it was in the option called "Technology Group". However it also came with the Uconnect4 and the 7 inch display as standard for 2019. I think the old 5 inch display went away in 2019.

Baja-D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For my MY 2019 Compass Sport model it was in the option called "Technology Group". However it also came with the Uconnect4 and the 7 inch display as standard for 2019. I think the old 5 inch display went away in 2019.

Baja-D
Figures. I looked at every important factor in buying a vehicle - except the radio because I assumed it would have all this! My2012 base Cruze even had satellite.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Figures. I looked at every important factor in buying a vehicle - except the radio because I assumed it would have all this! My2012 base Cruze even had satellite.
The Sirius/XM satellite channels are convenient when built in however if I hear "5 o'clock Somewhere" one more time I am going postal (just kidding FBI). I usually do not renew when the free year is up and just use Pandora thru the phone to get more custom selections and variety. Amazingly Sirius/XM sends me special really low cost deals after a few months.

Baja-D

·
Registered
44 Posts
No good place to mount it but take a look at the 8.4 uconnect upgrades. Buy a radio of a wrecked compass. Buy the trim. Make sure you have the satellite antenna or add it separately. A process for sure but we'll worth it.

I use my phone. Painful to scroll and change channels but will pull the trigger on the 8.4 upgrade at some point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts