My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking is there a way to bring te skid plates from the patriot to the compass or anything along them lines. I was debating on getting the lift kit and possibly looking into doing skid plates and w/e else is needed to make it "trail rated" lol i know it wont be trail rated but it will bring it a little closer right?:D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well from what I am hearing about the suspension problems on the normal road. I would have say with some certainty. You'd be asking for very early tie rod, arms failure due to off road stress. This is not dirt or gravel road driving such as into a cottage or camp site but where no roads are other than your front lawn, LOL that does not count.

The whole system need to be beefier design for an off road rating I am sure even thought there are similarities to the Patriot I am sure the under pinning must have more balls than the compass otherwise it could be trail rated as is.

·
Registered
315 Posts
dont let him kill your dreams lol. check out jeeppatriot.com the boys over there are big on modding and lifting. check the compass part of the forum there youll find a couple of lifted ones. i believe its marketing why the compass didnt get "trailrated" and the patriot got the freedom drive system.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
dont let him kill your dreams lol. check out jeeppatriot.com the boys over there are big on modding and lifting. check the compass part of the forum there youll find a couple of lifted ones. i believe its marketing why the compass didnt get "trailrated" and the patriot got the freedom drive system.
And we got the screwed up suspension and rack and pinion system. OMG where has engineering gone to. I might to back to a 15 year old SUV fix it and drive it until the ground falls apart. Yeap ground not vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well would you thin i could do at least the skid plates? do you think they would be able to be brought over from the patriot not so much everything else b/c im sure it would get pretty expensive...i just want a little something under it for a little piece of mind

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you're interested I have the entire installation procedure for the skid plates including part numbers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, there is a slight modification to do but they bolt on the same as the patriot. I'll PM you, the file is too large to post on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Smokey, could you send the installation procedure to me as well? I'm looking at adding the skid plates on for a little extra protection just in case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you send it to me also please :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
First of all with some homework, and an average paycheck the jeep compass can handle its offroading. It may not be able to go climbing mountains, but whoever would want to put there compass through that has other problems. But to answer your original question. Leeparts.com sells skidplates for the compass. I am not sure what years, but either way it goes skidplates should be very easy to modify to fit your car. I am definitely going for it.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Depends if you offroad and smash the underside of your vehicle...........if you do and the skidplates are there, you don't break anything. I have them I offroad the hell out of my jeep and they are well worth it. even if you don't offroad they offer good protection from any debris that could be kicked up on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just came across a web site called asfir.com they also have a skid plate they claim "quality 1/4 inch thick 5052 aluminum" anyone have experience with or even heard of them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts