My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This blizzard that's torn up the east coast and ravished much of the south has given me an interesting opportunity: a road trip that was liken to a rally race! lol

I drove from the northen end of Maryland to Laurell, and normally thats a hour and a half long drive for me, but it took closer to three hours. There was usually only one lane cleared on a three lane highway so if you wanted to pass someone (which I did a lot lol) you had to gun it through the 4 inches of snow slush and ice which was honestly a lot of fun. Got to the city and the entire city hadnt seen a single plow truck. Once I got to my sisters apartment, I took a quick picture of my jeep.
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/0207101413a.jpg/

And then once I got home, that night we got another blizzard and I took this

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/0210001146.jpg/

All in all, a lot of shoveling, but the drives were certainly a lot of fun.

On a side note, Im trapped on my road, the one way out is blocked by a 25 foot tall snow drift that extends about a hundred yards. People on atvs have been using it as a jump lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Better you than me!:eek:Na let me go get a refill on my mint julep!:p Actually, we're expecting sleet and snow for the North Shore tonight and Friday. They say it'll only be 4-6" though. Course down heah in da sauth, that's a lot of snow! There will be car wrecks galore cause most locals are not used to driving on snow and ice. Me, I'm going to stay in my snug house cuddle with my trusty chihuahua and write nonsense threads on all the forums I belong to. Say, that's about all you guys are able to do too!:-D
Ole Cherokee is gonna get the white stuff! Remember, get pictures!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhh the joy of winter..................

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
No luck Sky! :( Last time they called for any accumulation, the snow line stopped in Beaumont, Houston hogged all the snow, and all I got was rain, and I was planning on getting some pics! This time, I got a little sleet early on Thursday morning, but that was it! How 'bout you? Got any flakes?

I just feel really bad for those up the east coast who have been battling one storm after the next and just can't seem to dig out. I'm getting a bunch of pics from friends of mine on other forums and geez, that has to be rough. Send some of that to Vancouver for the Olympics!

Neat pics LB, and while I don't envy ya', sounds like a cool ride! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
186 Posts
No Chero,no cigar this time! Oh well, in spite of the beauty, we really don't need snow. WE NEED SPRING... N O W!!!!!!:) I'm too old for the cold.:(

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree, spring can't come soon enough for me, either! Just glad our southern groundhog called for it to come early! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Our weasel predicted another 6 weeks of winter................damn those critters......... :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I threatened to eat ours when it predicted more winter

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this some sort of Canadian tradition or something? I've heard of the ground hog thing, but a weasel? lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well we use the same whistle pig as you guys, but when it doesn't do what you want someone has to teach it who's boss

·
Registered
222 Posts
i am planning on taking my winter tires off at the end of the month because we have had NO SNOW!

·
Registered
381 Posts
My girlfriend took her winter tires off Friday and now she's complaining about not having winter tires on her car. Another thing I don't think I'll try to figure out.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts