My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! I'm going to be looking at a used 2016 Jeep Compass with 30k on the clock for 12k. It's the base model with the 2.0L and the 5 speed in a really nice charcoal gray. I'm mainly looking for a nice commuter car with a bit of a higher ride height than a sedan (coming from a 2009 Mazda 6) that also gets halfway decent MPG. Looking to see if there are any common problems I should be on the lookout for. Here's a link to the Facebook post, https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/337421977129394/

·
1,036 Posts
So you're looking at one of the last of the 1st generation Compasses? After 10 years of manufacturing them, I think Jeep pretty well got it done right. I'd say buy with confidence.

My Wife and I have a 2014 Patriot (sister to the Compass) with the 2.0 and 5-spd like yours and so far no problems at all (120,000 miles). We did a brake job last fall to get it through state inspection, but at 100,000 miles I can't complain. The clutch chatters if I back up on a hill, but I don't do that very often so who cares?

Price looks good too. Good luck with it! And welcome to the forum! Glad you found us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts