My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the lane sense system and receive "service lane sense" or "lane sense off" notifications, try replacing your windshield wipers, even if they look to work fine.

I was constantly getting "lane sense off" and "service lane sense" notifications, mostly while making sharp turns on cold/rainy/foggy days. Strangely the system would turn off, but if you pressed the corresponding button, it will turn back on and work fine. I assumed it was a problem related to software since the system worked fine before or after the notification, but it was frustrating since you had to turn in back on.

I know the camera for the lane sense system in behind the central mirror. So it is important for the glass in front of the camera to be clean. But my wipers were working fine with no streaks or etc., so I never considered it. Last week I replaced my wipers and the error completely disappeared. So it looks like the wipers were not working properly, at least for the portion of the glass in front of the camera. If you get these types of notifications, consider changing your wipers as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the lane sense system and receive "service lane sense" or "lane sense off" notifications, try replacing your windshield wipers, even if they look to work fine.

I was constantly getting "lane sense off" and "service lane sense" notifications, mostly while making sharp turns on cold/rainy/foggy days. Strangely the system would turn off, but if you pressed the corresponding button, it will turn back on and work fine. I assumed it was a problem related to software since the system worked fine before or after the notification, but it was frustrating since you had to turn in back on.

I know the camera for the lane sense system in behind the central mirror. So it is important for the glass in front of the camera to be clean. But my wipers were working fine with no streaks or etc., so I never considered it. Last week I replaced my wipers and the error completely disappeared. So it looks like the wipers were not working properly, at least for the portion of the glass in front of the camera. If you get these types of notifications, consider changing your wipers as well.
Has that been a true solution for you? I have replaced my window wiper several times and it still appears to give me the same error

1 - 2 of 2 Posts