My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 compass latitude when you are driving at or above 30 to 40 miles an hour and you let off the gas For a brief moment there is a rattling noise Coming from the engine compartment. At no other time while driving does this happen. Any clue what this could be. Please help.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'd suggest you try to get a video of it, but SAFELY. Do not attempt to record video and drive at the same time. Have a helper record the video while you drive, and do it on a safe empty stretch of road. If you have a gopro or other small durable camera maybe carefully try placing it under the hood to get a better audio of the sound.

Obviously check in and around the engine compartment for anything that is obviously loose, and check under the front end as well.

Open up your air filter box and see if its stuffed full of acorns.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I didn't notice any rattling sounds but did discover this bolt fell out at the exhaust flex pipe bracket. I know the bolt was there when I did the first oil change and the next time it was missing. You can see where the head of the bolt left a mark in the bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts