My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Black Compass you don't have the tape stripe on the door pillars. I was looking at a new one at a dealer last week and noticed that. I thought the tape was tp prevent scratches on the pillars when people grab them to push the door shut. You know that no one uses the door handel to close the door. At least I know my wife doesn't. Drive me nuts when she puts fingerprints on my car. I don't allow her to put the window down halfway because it puts a dust line on the glass. Just call me obsesive compulsive. You should see the inside of her car. I used to detail it every couple of weeks but who cares she thinks it's the kitchen and where you eat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well put. I never noticed that on the black models. I have heard of people taking those off on purpose ... "for looks"? Weird I think because its there to help protect the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Black Trim restorer. Works well. Just tape off the windows so it doesnt get on there. Difficult to remove film from windows. Otherwise keeps black clean. I use it all over black exterior plastics on the car.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have finger smudges on the drivers door vinyl panel (from either moisturiser, suncream or dyper creme) which I can't shift - will the turtle wax work on that or is there something else I should try?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It should work. Don't apply to much. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes you can carefully wipe off the excess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts