My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wondering what size of spare tire would fit in the spare tire compartment as mine came with a little donut. i was told be the dealer that the compartments are the same just longer mounting stem. I tried to fit my stock 215 55 18 in there but it was a no go, maybe if i mount it on a steel rim it wil fit better?

PS getting the new facia, tow hooks and skid plated put on tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stock 17's are 215/60/17 so that would hopefully fit (as you can specify full size spare) but not 100% sure - how big is the space in inches?

And what facia is it, the one from the FDII to give space for the hooks or is it a different on? Too soon to be the Mopar one with brush guard? And when are you getting the sliders? Post the pics! :)

I've been meaning to ask - with your lift do you get much extra body roll or is it still pretty tight?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea when my new tires come in (225 70 16r BFG AT KO ;) ) ill try fitting one in there

Yup thats the Facia. its getting put on right now so ill post pics once the install is done!
Slidders are ordered and just waiting for them!
the FDII facia's look SOOO much better then the basic ones with the big lip on the bottom of it. Rocky Road may also be developing a brush guard for the compass. shhh.

still trying to figure out how to paint the front chrome grill slots black or ill wait to see if they release the body colored ones

as for the lift you may notice a SLIGHT difference in body roll but nothing really noticeable and if you put a little wider tires on it with a different offset it will be gone

·
Registered
88 Posts
yea when my new tires come in (225 70 16r BFG AT KO ;) ) ill try fitting one in there
Sorry for bumping up the old thread, but I wonder did anyone have any luck fitting full size spare wheel back in trunk compartment with or without any modification?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
My FDII Compass came with a 215/65/17 full size spare, its 28" in diameter, so keep it to 28" or less and it should fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts