My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sparl Plugs

They say that plugs should be replaced at or near 100K miles. The original plugs that came with the car are good but not the best. AT around 40K miles, I replaced mine with Autolite Iridium plugs. The first thing I noticed was the engine ran smoother and did not have the hesitation or sort of engine "misfiring" feeling when going uphill or accelerating. It was just a smooth acceleration and power. Now that the car has almost 118k miles it might be time to change the plugs again. Plugs don't last forever and I think these plugs have served enough time in the car and needs to retire.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
They say that plugs should be replaced at or near 100K miles. The original plugs .... ................. Plugs don't last forever and I think these plugs have served enough time in the car and needs to retire.
I really dont know why buy here in Peru, all dealers (Volkswagen, Toyota, Nissan, and others) says we need to change spark plugs every 10,000kms (6250 miles). My last car used a bosh 4 electrode spark plugs, and were changes every 10,000km. Now im listeting about iridium and others saying you have more mileage to reach to a point to change the plugs.

Any idea????? (my father -a really old fashing way pal- is keep saying me to change the plugs every 10,000km)... im confused!!!:wjeep:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

mowgli - If you check under the hood, at least under mine, it specifies ZFR5F-11 1.1MM no adjustment needed. As far as NKG vs. Denso goes, manual says NGK...I'd go with that. And as long as they're packaged correctly before shipping, they should not dammage. They're always shipped to stores without dammage, should be fine. Maybe check with the vendor as to how they'll ship.

wojeda/jeepney_driver - The 100K miles thing is a "definitely check me by then" time frame because they will guaranteed not last past that. There's always a possibility they won't even last past that. Never hurts to check once in a while for deposits/wear and replace when necessary - just like many other car parts. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it. ;)

2007 Jeep Compass Sport
4x4 2.4L DOHC
124,000km

1 - 5 of 5 Posts