My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a new latitude a few weeks ago and am very pleased with it but for one thing. Every time I go near a speed camera I get a voice warning to slow down, when I look at the display the speed limit is wrong, example, in a 30 mph zone it’s showing 19, in a 60 zone 42 and so on.
It’s really annoying particularly on a motorway I use often which has cameras every half mile or so. The dealer says they’ve never had this issue before and can’t help. I’m hoping that someone on the forum might know how to fix this, as the cars so new it has the latest maps update installed.
Appreciate any help

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine does that too. It seems to be doing some kind of backwards conversion between mph & kph.

For example, 30 kph is 19 mph and 60 kph is 42 mph so I think it’s doing a conversion it doesn’t need to.

Should be a simple software fix if enough people report it. That said, I have turned the warning off anyway as I don’t like them in any car.

The fix I am really waiting for is to turn off the cameras on the map. I like it zoomed out on a long journey and the map is swamped with the damn things so that you can’t see the roads and towns. Again, should be an easy software fix. I have a case open with Jeep tech support for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts