My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I'm getting my 2011 Jeep Compass soon and was wondering...are splash guards/mud flaps worth it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had splash guards on almost every car I've bought. They do help keep dirt and chips to a minimum.

But I bought some rear ones (Mopar official) for my 2011 Compass, but they don't seem to fit because of the cladding/textured rear bumper. So I didn't install them. I'm going to have the dealer take a look at them and see whether they think they'll fit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Blackberry - i've been thinking about the ones from my parts department as well, but i've been hesitant. do you have the part number for the ones that you received so i can cross-reference them to make sure you have the right ones?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Blackberry - i've been thinking about the ones from my parts department as well, but i've been hesitant. do you have the part number for the ones that you received so i can cross-reference them to make sure you have the right ones?
82209893 is the number for the rear ones I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
82209893 is the number for the rear ones I have.
New member here. Checking various Jeep parts sites the part numbers for the 2011 model year deluxe molded front splash guards is 82212513 and the rear is 82212514. The number previously noted is for the 07-10 years. Hope this helps. I'll be putting them on my Limited within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
New member here. Checking various Jeep parts sites the part numbers for the 2011 model year deluxe molded front splash guards is 82212513 and the rear is 82212514. The number previously noted is for the 07-10 years. Hope this helps. I'll be putting them on my Limited within the next few weeks.
yup, i just found out the same thing. they sold you the incorrect mudflaps. the correct part numbers are the ones you posted.

for future reference, use mopar-accessories.com before going to the dealer. i do it here at my dealership before i ask my parts department for anything. its easier to give them a part number to order rather than to say "i need 'such-and-such' part" and have them order the wrong thing.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well we get more than enough slush and snow and keeping it out of most of the rear end area is a help. I put the solid (molded non flexing shapped) Mopar ones behind my rear tires and it certainly helps a lot. I did not do the from since: The wheel well contain most of the crap and side spray although occurs is minimal depending on you driving & wheeling style. For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.

·
Registered
339 Posts
For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.
there is a flaw in your logic, though. the only way the aerodynamics would be effected enough is if you were going at a high rate of speed. and if you're going at a high rate of speed and turn your wheel all the way to one side or the other, aerodynamics would be the least of your worries :hyper:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There is drag and in my opinion more in the front. But regardless is up to you if you want them up front. We have noteworthy turns on our highways either way with or without them on the front there will be side spray.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is a flaw in your logic, though. the only way the aerodynamics would be effected enough is if you were going at a high rate of speed. and if you're going at a high rate of speed and turn your wheel all the way to one side or the other, aerodynamics would be the least of your worries :hyper:
Is there a Canadian version for it? Or is this available for all Jeep owners?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a canadian version for what?
Of the mopar-accessories.com site? Or does that ship to Canada as well? I tried going to the mopar.ca site and their catalogue only had the 2009 Compass. ='[

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine came with the front one's already attached. Its part of the body molding that runs under the doors from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. I had the dealership put the rear ones on when the car was in for its first service.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well we get more than enough slush and snow and keeping it out of most of the rear end area is a help. I put the solid (molded non flexing shapped) Mopar ones behind my rear tires and it certainly helps a lot. I did not do the from since: The wheel well contain most of the crap and side spray although occurs is minimal depending on you driving & wheeling style. For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.
I really can't see the aerodynamics being affected at all. Its not like they have a F1 profile to them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Of the mopar-accessories.com site? Or does that ship to Canada as well? I tried going to the mopar.ca site and their catalogue only had the 2009 Compass. ='[
mopar-accessories.com doesn't ship at all. it just compiles a list of part numbers. i don't know if it sends it to the dealer for you or if you just take a printout to them. either way, you have to go to the dealer. why not just contact your local dealer to see what they have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can get some universal mudflap for like 20$, but you have to like the look of them.. :)

Rally Armor Rally Products, Rally Mud Flaps, Skid Plates and more.
I have those one and I like them
I got mud flaps from them (not for the compass) and so far they have been easy to install and remove for cleaning. They don't have anything for the compass but I'm sure there are lots of similar sellers online.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had them on both of my Compass's.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought the mopar deluxe molded splash guards. Worth every penny and fit perfect. PN#'s are 82212513 front & 82212514 back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts