My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering how many people have the roof rack bars, and if you do do you prefer the look of the Compass with or without the bars? I mean when you're not using them... I'll go first: I take them off unless I'm using them, They sort of take away from the lines of the Jeep. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Same here..............they actually carry a cargo box for skiing..............and there is less turbulence when they are not on.
It's like being naked in the wind............LOL

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice analogy there Ffl, lol! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
I almost had to wash my eyes after reading that.:p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Roof rack

Hey I was wondering how many people have the roof rack bars, and if you do do you prefer the look of the Compass with or without the bars? I mean when you're not using them... I'll go first: I take them off unless I'm using them, They sort of take away from the lines of the Jeep. Any opinions?
I find the bars very fussy to remove and reinstall so I tend to leave them on. The wind noise from the one over the sun roof is really annoying, an air deflector like Thule makes should be available, but sadly is not.
They DO make the car easier to spot in parking lots for sure.
Has anybody found any sort of trick to simplify the R&R?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've been considering getting a set for mine and buying a conduit carrier and a ladder holder as well. Really handy but don't know if it would pay for itself easily.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had a quick look around and they are expensive. For that money I just put a carrier inserted into my hitch and its behind the vehicle. No wind drag and no climbing onto the roof with the load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.