My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone know the spring rate of oem coil on compass 2011. Because I will plan to install BC coilover on my jeep. Caliber bc's will probadly fit on my jeep but I got to confirm the spring rate first.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i've never found the spring rate for the compass, maybe check the lowering springs available from eibach. if they use the same part number for the caliber and the compass that might suggest that the spring rate is the same on both.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've never found the spring rate for the compass, maybe check the lowering springs available from eibach. if they use the same part number for the caliber and the compass that might suggest that the spring rate is the same on both.
It's not for lower my jeep it's for a better handling!

BC Coilover Suspension 08-09 Caliber SRT4 - 08+ Caliber SRT4 Suspension Parts, Struts, Springs, Strut bars, Swaybars, Coilov

Not sure 100% will fit on my compass but I will try soon with used suspension of my friend!

·
Registered
52 Posts
just install some KYB GR2 on it, it's alot cheaper :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
You missed my point, I wasn't saying to buy some springs. I was suggesting to cross reference parts between caliber and compass, assuming there is more info available on the caliber.

·
Registered
52 Posts
only GR-2 :( they are alot better than the stock one

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somebody got Compass lowered? How goes during winter time. Because if the jeep it's more stiff, the traction (handling in the snow) should be worst then the oem suspension!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tomorrow I will install BC's coilover on my compass. pic's tomorrow night if they fit but I'm pretty sure those coilover will fit according to shop manual.:canada:
Very nice Pics!!!!! some problem with camber in front suspension???

how did you remove the rear panels, im looking to do that to kill a rear sound i think comes from the shock. i was looking at that and i couldnt find any sort of screw or something...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice Pics!!!!! some problem with camber in front suspension???

how did you remove the rear panels, im looking to do that to kill a rear sound i think comes from the shock. i was looking at that and i couldnt find any sort of screw or something...
only two screws on the rear trim where the rear hatch close. The rest of the panel is just clip in place.

I will take pic's if you want!

·
Registered
131 Posts
only two screws on the rear trim where the rear hatch close. The rest of the panel is just clip in place.

I will take pic's if you want!
I went to my compass.... it was in front of me!!!
late today will check the shock and try to kill a noise. :)

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
WOW now thats a LOW compass!:eek::D

·
Registered
278 Posts
looks good! just watch out for the snow :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts