My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have a problem with the clutch squeeking? I lubed everywhere I can see under the dash and it still squeeks. Going to take another look at it today before I take it in to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
I noticed that the first time I got in. I'm not to overly concerned about it though, I usually have the music turned up anyways. We've had ours alomst a year now and the squeek isn't as noticable (or I'm going deaf from having my music too loud :mrgreen: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried again to fix it but no luck. Its at the dealership now to get fixed. I noticed it was getting worse in the last couple of days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Keep us posted, I too have a small squeek.
It was there from new, I remember looking for it under the dash but I have grown accustomed to it I guess, it is probably still there if I think about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
howdy said:
Any one else have a problem with the clutch squeeking? I lubed everywhere I can see under the dash and it still squeeks. Going to take another look at it today before I take it in to the dealer.
Took it to the dealership and got it fixed. There was a service bulletin put out in june 2007 about it (06-005-07). They lubed the clutch return spring. Funny how a vehicle made in 2008 still has the same problem as those made before the service bulletin.
On another note, I went to the local dealer and ordered mud flaps over a week ago. Still haven't heard from them. The dealer where I had the clutch fixed had them in stock and installed them for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Haven't had the squeak in my 2008 (1100miles only) but I have it in my other car (different make) and it annoys me so much. Is this something that may develop in my 2008? The car was built in early April of 2008.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it started in mine after only a couple of days, so you may be alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
The squeak started and is very annoying now. It started with the occasional squeak and now it comes and goes. When it comes, it squeaks loudly enough that all your passengers know when you push the clutch in.

Has anyone on here resolved the problem? Btw, it started a minor squeak around 3000 miles and we have 4000 on it now.

I'll be making an appointment with the dealer shortly to have this looked at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Still better than having an automatic stuck in park!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NickD said:
The squeak started and is very annoying now. It started with the occasional squeak and now it comes and goes. When it comes, it squeaks loudly enough that all your passengers know when you push the clutch in.

Has anyone on here resolved the problem? Btw, it started a minor squeak around 3000 miles and we have 4000 on it now.

I'll be making an appointment with the dealer shortly to have this looked at.
Take it to the dealer. They'll lube the clutch spring. Mine hasn't squeaked since I had that done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Mine has just started too. Well, for the first time in a long time, my wife and I had the radio off since we were just chatting - so we heard the squeaking. I had not yet bothered to shoot some WD40 on anything because if the radio is on, even just at low volume, you can't hear it right now.

If it's the return spring though, I'll just let the dealership do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knightfall said:
Mine has just started too. Well, for the first time in a long time, my wife and I had the radio off since we were just chatting - so we heard the squeaking. I had not yet bothered to shoot some WD40 on anything because if the radio is on, even just at low volume, you can't hear it right now.

If it's the return spring though, I'll just let the dealership do it.
I tried the wd40 route and it never worked. Had to take it to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Do you know where the return spring is located? Mine squeeks too and If I could avoid going to the dealership I would rather do that ha.

Cheers Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I had the samec problem with my 2007 sport. I took it to the dealer and they received a bulletin from Chrysler to lube the push rod in the clutch. It has been fine since it was done.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top