My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey well just wanted to kno if all u guys/girls would rec doing a srt4 swap or just a rebuild with all srt4 parts..... from the research i have done i kno there the same motor just the srt4 was built stronger inside and was givin a lil thing we all would love!!! a turbo.....me and my father in law both own compasses and we both agree that there not enough power... he has 6 speed tiptronic and i have the 2 speed they seem to both have the same get up and go and for some reason mine seems to have a lil more passing pepp// anyway looking forward to seeing the opions you all give.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you have like 5-8k $ to spend, go for it, it would be an awesome setup.
But I think it might be cheaper to just change your SUV.
Though a little turbo setup with 3-4 psi might be cool without hurting anything but I don't know how strong are the transmission and the differential components.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
If it were me, I'd go with swap, pull one drop one, but if you have the time, the tools and the funds, a rebuild is definitely a cool project, but I agree, the SRT4 is an awesome setup!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
339 Posts
you guys both have the same transmission. he does not have a 6 speed trans, he just has an autostick feature that simulates gear ratios. i do not anticipate the CVT transmission being able to withstand 285 crank horsepower for long, they're not built for that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
this has been done to a caliber RT, after the guy finished he was still having problems with the srt4 ecu working with the rt immobiliser. and he said that after all the money he dumped into the project and the time it just wasnt worth it. he would of just got the caliber srt4 instead. and the cvt would never be able to handle that type of power. if you want a little more power out of your 2.4 your only options are intake, exhaust, and exhaust header. full snythetic oil, and E3 plugs wouldnt hurt but dont expect much out of the little things. we could meet up in edmonton sometime if you wanted to take a ride with me and see what intake and exhaust do for the 2.4L. PM me if your interested farmers07comp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts