My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 08 Compass to the local garage to have the Snow's put on. It was brought to my attention that the Rubber Bushings were warn on the Stablizer Bars / both sides connected to the Rear Axle, if I can call them that. Mechanic rocked the wheels enough to show considerable play. I will be intouch with the Dealership on Monday as this should be covered under Warranty. My question though is this a Known or Common problem. I've already had to replace the Wheel Bearings on both sides at the Rear.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Don't know that it's a common problem, i.e., haven't heard many other people mention the bushings, but definitely a good idea to have them replaced and see if you can't get them to use the polyurethane bushings as those don't wear as quickly.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Control Arms & Toe Links.......

:) Just came away from the Dealership with 2 New Rear Toe Links and a Front Lower Control Arm & Link as well. Great to have an Extended Warranty and having said that while I read on another Post about doing the Repair work themselves. Yes I do have friend who's only chose to save the $$$ is do the repair work at home in the laneway, My hats off to them and I tell them so. But Control Arms & Toe Links are all part of keeping the Jeep out of the Ditch, I'll let the Pro's do the Work.. Thanks - My Rant for the Day.:);)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed and I agree with you, kudos to those who can work on their own vehicle, but best to leave it to trained techs if it's beyond capability or skill level. :)

- Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts