My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my jeep for about a month now, and after leaving the car wash I noticed these stains on my hood. I took it to a body shop to see if it could be buffed out, but they wanted to repaint my hood... What do these stains look like to you? Do you think I could get them out myself?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wouldn't say that's a stain, just looks like a waterspot that wasn't dried correctly. Am I correct in assuming you have a black/dark vehicle? You're going to see every single spot like that in the sun, if you don't take the time to dry your car upon leaving the wash. And I wouldn't suggest going back to that body shop for suggestions...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd try to hit it with some detailing spray and a microfiber towel... But coincidentally (or not?) a friend of mine recently had almost the same issue on his '69 Mercury pickup. It's paint was only a few months old and the spots won't go away. Maybe they're using WAY harsher soap at car washes lately?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah its funny, after this post I took some alcohol to it and it came right off. Wouldn't come off with goo gone though. The body shop tried to tell me it was a chemical stain and that the hood needed repainted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
IIRC, Goo Gone doesn't work on water based stuff. That body shop must be fishing for business!
Glad you got it cleared up though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts