My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just bought a new 2017 Jeep Compass with the Start/Stop feature. They were wondering if there was a way to disable the Start/Stop feature without hitting the button every time. I have found a few methods on other Jeep vehicles but I can not seem to find it for the new Compass. With myself being a Wrangler Unlimited owner, they thought I would know even though the Wrangler will not have that that feature, that is unless the JL (2018 series) comes with it. Any help is much appreciated (yes I know that it could void my warranty), THANKS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there - I just joined the forum - if you’re still around and if your compass is anything like the 2019’s - there is a plastic plug thing at the top right hand corner of your hood (you’ll see it when you open it up) that apparently presses on a button that tells your car to stop/start. If you remove the plug then the sensor won’t be tripped to auto stop/start. It creates an warming message in the cluster but it’s not permanent. It goes away when you start driving. I haven’t done it yet however I did see the video on YouTube - worth a try?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts