My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought jeep compass 2022, having strange issue with auto start/stop feature.

my car stops when engine idle that is normal but it struggling starting up automatically , it shakes , trying to starting up and a park sense on/off exclamation comes and goes on cluster screen. After 3 to 4 attempts it starts.

service centre changed the battery but still the issue remain.
I sent my car to service centre 4 times in 2 months but they are unable to track the issue.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
80 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with a brand new vehicle. You have done the right thing by taking it to the service centre to be diagnosed/repaired. Does your country have something similar to the "lemon law"? If so, that would be my next suggestion. You paid good money for a new vehicle that should give you worry free driving. I understand things happen but to have it at the service centre 4 times in 2 months is unsatisfactory.

Lemon Law

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning,

I had the same issue with the Stop/Start. The dealership told me it was due to the fog lights i had put in. I just change the colors of the fog lights. Before i took my vehicle the charge was at 14.2 Volts, after I picked the vehicle I see the charge go up to 13.4 and when the Stop/Start is engage it drops to 12.3 volts. I have notice that if Voltage drops below that 12 V. the vehicle will start.

So now I have a vehicle with no fog lights. I will perform a voltage drain test on my own this week end and see how much voltage does the fog lights drain when they are off ??? I don not believe the Dealership.

If anyone has any more info please share. Thank you CplFull, Ooh Rah, Semper Fi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts