My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Compass Latitude
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2020 Jeep Compass Latitude. I love the car, but have been having issues and the latest has caused me to lose trust in the vehicle. It intermittently hesitates to re-engage the engine when going from a stop position to driving again. Now as of Monday afternoon around 2:10 I feel like my new car, with less than 2,000 miles on it, is unsafe to drive. I was approaching a stop light in stop and go traffic waiting for my turn to take a left hand turn. The engine re-engaged with no problem then out of nowhere completely died mid turn leaving me and my child stuck in a busy intersection. I almost was hit by another vehicle, etc. I had to shut the car off and restart it. Then had to back up out of the way. It was very scary. I got it in to the dealership the next day, but they weren't able to recreate the issue. The best they came up with was some COVID-19 gas issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what has been done to resolve it? Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
From everything I have gathered by others with similar issues it sounds like the auxiliary battery for the stop start is defective. I have a '19 with a hair over 8k on it and it's starting to give me undercharge warnings on hot days. It only has 135 cca to begin with, so overheating will only make it die quicker. When mine finally gives up the ghost I intend to replace it with a 600 cca deep cycle gel battery I found that will work in the mount point. My nefarious plan is to only fix the flaw once.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts