My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Jeep Compass purchased new ! Since purchase I have had several issues such as no power steering, when I try to start it flashes on the dash engine is to hot and many others. Took it back to the dealer they replaced the battery. Now the engine start stop is saying it’s not ready battery is charging, when I questioned dealer ship about this I was told the battery has to be charged at 70 percent to work ! Humm if the battery was replaced shouldn’t this be already charged since then I have put about 400 miles in vehicle and still isn’t charged! I am looking for answers please! If new battery was put in shouldn’t it be charged? Is it really supposed to be charged at 70% prior to working? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you have auto start/stop, there are 2 batteries. Which one did they replace, the main battery or the smaller one that keeps things going when the auto stop/start kicks in?

·
Registered
72 Posts
A lot of folks have had that battery replaced. I am coming up on 2 years of ownership and no battery issues but I also never use the auto stop/start. Hate it when it shuts down at a stop sign just when you need to pull out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As it was explained by the Jeep manufacturer, Compass start/stop system requires the auxiliary battery to be charged more than 70% of capacity. because the auxiliary battery is small it loses it's capacity very quick in cold weather or if the car is not driven every day. This is the reason for the warning light to appear from time to time. It should go away when the battery is charged and the engine restarted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure that is true, however my dealership owned up to the batteries be faulty. They just replaced my batteries for a second time. They said Chrysler had a mfg whose batteries weren't up to par. They have changed mfg and are seeing a lot of people returning for new batteries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i too ones in a while have issue with this start stop function. unexplained. also intermittently some other function become not available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts