My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My jeep would not start the other day. It wouldn't turn over. The lights and all came on though. The starter was taken out and brought to someone who fixes them. It was not able to be fix. Put a new starter in and it still won't work. With still the same problem. After you takes one out and puts another in is there anything that has to be done? Or would anyone have any ideas on why it would still not be working?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,
My jeep would not start the other day. It wouldn't turn over. The lights and all came on though. The starter was taken out and brought to someone who fixes them. It was not able to be fix. Put a new starter in and it still won't work. With still the same problem. After you takes one out and puts another in is there anything that has to be done? Or would anyone have any ideas on why it would still not be working?
Your in the wrong forum, if you post in the 1st Gen one someone may have a better idea.

With that said, if you got a remanufactured starter it's not unusual to find a bad one out of the box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was probably not the starter to begin with. Check ALL of the ground connections. There may be several.. A bad ground connection can let plenty of juice through for the lights to work but not the amps required for the starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts