My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 compass - I've been having some problems the last couple of weeks - sometimes it will start, sometimes it won't - Was taking 2 turns of the key, now 3 before it starts up. Engine light came on for a while Sunday - brought it to Parts Plus but their diagnostic thing didn't bring up anything. Engine light came back on tonight after work. Auto Zone brought up a U1120 code with their diagnostic thing. Would a bad starter cause the U1120 code?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My advice to you is first off check the voltage of the battery first (engine off) and then check the voltage of the Alternator! (Engine on)

And before you start the above clean the terminals with sand paper to make sure those terminals are connected very good to the battery and there is no dirt or rust.

Do you know the age of the battery?

Do the above and report please

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also check if there's a remote locks and if it working? There's a fuse there that has tendency to interfere if not seated properly.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Its all in the details and observing the symptoms. Here at this end its all a guess and could be a lot of things.
EG " - sometimes it will start, sometimes it won't - Was taking 2 turns of the key, now 3 before it starts up. "

This is not sufficient as we don't know if cranking (spinning the motor to start or not) or if it is fast enough but just not running. If that's the original battery then get it replaced and charged with the cable connections cleaned. It due for replacement now for sure. Take if from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts