My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently heard static coming from the BA Speakers on top driver side dash. It happens more when I go over small bumps etc. Any ideas? I will reluctantly take time out of my day to bring it in to the dealer. Ughh.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have recently heard static coming from the BA Speakers on top driver side dash. It happens more when I go over small bumps etc. Any ideas? I will reluctantly take time out of my day to bring it in to the dealer. Ughh.
Some kind of loose wire or faulty speaker. Haven't heard of anything specific. The dealer might be able to pull a code to narrow it down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
pull a code on a speaker? jesus do you think they have magic connections to everything electrical? If you have static if could be faulty voice coil or wireing or a bad ground or just a faulty radio. Does it do it in all functions? Like Sirius, FM, AM, CD? or just one of them?

Id start with trying different functions isolate that speaker and try it at different volumes. It could be as simple as a poorly mounted speaker all the way up to a damaged radio.

Dealer ill be your best bet since it should still be under warranty.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
pull a code on a speaker? jesus do you think they have magic connections to everything electrical? If you have static if could be faulty voice coil or wireing or a bad ground or just a faulty radio. Does it do it in all functions? Like Sirius, FM, AM, CD? or just one of them?

Id start with trying different functions isolate that speaker and try it at different volumes. It could be as simple as a poorly mounted speaker all the way up to a damaged radio.

Dealer ill be your best bet since it should still be under warranty.
Yeah I know, I've been known to have a drink or two or three buth some is on cheap drugs if the speakers going to through a code.

I thought it best not to respond but I am glad RobertM is on the same wagon.

Cheers Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts