My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really an issue, but for my dyslectic I find it strange that the turner is on the left side of the radio but the control on the steering wheel is on the right side and vise verso for the volume controls, so I keep hitting the turner buttons when I think I am hitting the volume on the steering wheel :oops: LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
And I thought it was me!
Has anyone switched out the factory radio with a steering wheel kit to keep the steering wheel controls?
I was given a XM Pioneer for my birthday that I had in my Matrix. Now I am thinking of putting it in the Compass, but I want to keep the steering wheel radio controls. Hubby found the adapter online somewhere, and the install kit is available, just wondering if anyone else has done it.
I've had XM for a few years now and figured I'd use the "free" year of Sirius that came with the Jeep, but I just don't like Sirius and want my XM back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
never through of that

I've had DCX radio controls on my Durango since 2000, so L/R buttons aren't a major issue, but I guess you guys have an interesting point. I guess I just learned it that way. Only problem I have is when the steering wheel is turned 180 in a parking space (washing the car or just tailgating).

I figure most people are right handed and the volume is used more often than the station... all assuming there is quality music to listen to and you don't have to surf too much. Ha!

·
Registered
24 Posts
use to drive a 2005 pacifica and it had the volume on right and left was for changing stations...its probably a jeep/chrysler/dodge setup

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
my dear friend (VRAX)......this post has been dormant for 3 years now...........

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks for pointing that out

·
Registered
107 Posts
Steering wheel controls are one of the most useless things i find on my compass. The radio is right there! its easy to change stations with the controls on the radio. I can't remember the last time I used mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Steering wheel controls are one of the most useless things i find on my compass. The radio is right there! its easy to change stations with the controls on the radio. I can't remember the last time I used mine.

they're not completely useless....its good for when you don't want to take ur eyes off the road....

·
Registered
656 Posts
not completely useless....

Or if your partner or passenger decides to adjust the volume, you can tune it back to where you like it without their notice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts